My dh's sweet revelations

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2009, 09:45 AM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My sweetest husband came home and made some revelations about his thoughts, and I wanted to share them with you, because I need you to remind me of these sometimes.

1. If God came to me and said I could have my sons back, would I take them back? They are in Heaven, where we pray our children and ourselves want to be. They have never sinned, never had a bad thought, never had ill will. Would we take them back?

2. We pray for our children. But it is them that should pray for us...and as Catholics, we do pray to our saints to intercede on our behalf.

So, while he took the time and came to these conclusions, and I see those points clearly sometimes, I'm a selfish person who misses my sons. But, he has valid points.
May 17th, 2009, 10:23 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am Catholic also. When we met wih our priest on Thursday at the end of our meeting he prayed, and asked Colm to intercede for us. I knew that he is a saint, but he said that, he said 'Saint Colm' and it gave me the true meaning of what he is, and it has helped me.

Yesterday we went to mass because it was being offered in his memory. As I got ready to receive communion, I thought about sacrifice. And the sacrifice that G-d made for us. He sent His Son to us, knowing He would be tortured and die for us. How can I be angry at a G-d that did that for us? I want my son back, and I wish I could feel him and touch him and love him. But ulitimately, G-d does know what we are feeling, because how could he not? Our sons too had a purpose, they have done what their mission on earth was. I don't know what Colm was sent here for, but it must have been special, and he did it and so G-d called him home. He will never suffer, he will never feel cold or hunger, he has his eternal life and for that I am grateful.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
May 17th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Proud Momma
Ok, I'm not a very religious person, but what both you said is a very comforting way of looking at it.
May 17th, 2009, 02:40 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm proud of him for comign to his resolution. I get that insight every now and then...but I think for me, anger is too prevalent most of the time.
May 17th, 2009, 02:42 PM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
I do believe in God and sometimes I question him. I know that I shouldn't but I just can't help myself. We made it through the pregnancy to 41 weeks and it is hard to understand why this would or could happen, but it did. That is when i remember that God only did what was best for our son. Our son was without oxygen for about an hour. What kind of brain damage would he have suffered if he survived? I do love and miss him to pieces though.

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search