Doctor's Appointment Today and Feeling Kinda Uneasy

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2009, 09:22 AM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
I have my 1st OB appointment this afternoon and for some reason, this is feeling kinda strange for me. I used to be so excited about going to get ultrasounds and / or sonograms because I'd get to see the heartbeat and see my baby move if only for a little while.

Right now, I'm feeling kinda "meh" about this and I think it's because I no longer have any expectations of a blissful pregnancy. I can't go through this pregnancy feeling like I'm on top of the world; I did it once before and fell pretty hard on my azz. I don't want to do that again. But I also don't want to be SO overly-cautious and worried that I miss the enjoyment of being pregnant.

*sigh*

Just a nervous vent, I guess. And who better to understand than all my sistas here?

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers during this pregnancy journey. I may need to lean on you moms for some emotional support here and there.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
May 18th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Proud Momma
I know I'm not the best to give advice in this situation b/c I haven't been pregnant since losing Katrina, but I know it's perfectly normal for you to be worried and have that uneasy feeling. I totally know what you mean that you don't want to be overly cautious though. I was extremely cautious with Katrina, and I still lost her

And being in our situation, I think we've all lost our innocence of looking forward to going to the OB and doing u/s. Every single time I went to the OB with Katrina, I got nothing but bad news. It took an emotional toll on me and totally affected how I will ever look at being pregnant again in the future. I am sooo extremely excited, yet extremely terrified, for my next pregnancy.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers for this whole journey and I hope nothing but a straight-forward, easy and healthy rest of your pregnancy.

Last edited by LaLaLa1; May 18th, 2009 at 10:36 AM.
May 18th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I always got so anxious before ultrasounds. Every time. It really is a crime that we'll never again be that excited beforehand.

On the flipside though, DURING the ultrasound it was better. Probably because it was so great that the baby was doing well. It was so nice to see a the baby happy healthy, moving around.

May 18th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Proud Momma
how did the U/S go, Barb? Hope all went well. KUP.
May 18th, 2009, 08:12 PM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
Thanks for listening, Moms.

Update: WE HAVE A HEARTBEAT

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
May 18th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Proud Momma
YAY!!!
May 18th, 2009, 09:37 PM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
That is awesome.
I am happy for you.

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment
May 19th, 2009, 07:48 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know how you feel. I get so nervous I puked before our first appointment this pregnancy lol.

I have another today and I'm not even getting an U/S and I'm already nervous.

I really took it easy and enjoyed most of the first trimester but ever since we saw our baby I have been more anxious and worried.

I think the attitudes of the doctors and nurses at our women's center are really helping though. Most of them are extra nice and extra cautious and seem to be extra happy everytime we get a heartbeat or they hear everything is going well. So hopefully your doctors will take extra good care of you and your miracle baby!

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search