Baby Buddy (L&D mentioned)

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2009, 09:18 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
So I used to belong to another pregnancy group. You guys have heard my horror story about the group, but it wasn't all bad - I made some true friends who have provided tons of support since Ethan died. We all stay in touch through Facebook.

Most of my baby buddies from that group are still pregnant (we were all due in July). But one of them, Tammie, was due last week. Her labor started this morning.

And I am so happy for her!

I'm not upset at all. I'm not jealous, I'm not sad, I am just so excited for her. She's going to be a mommy now too. I am so surprised by my 100% positive reaction! I thought I'd be jealous and upset. But so far I'm not. I guess I'm healing better than I thought

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

May 23rd, 2009, 10:23 AM
Mom 2 Avery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mom 2 Avery Send a message via Yahoo to Mom 2 Avery
Woo hoo! Atta girl!!!!!
You should be proud of yourself!
Best if luck to the buddy!

Hugs!
Dawna
May 23rd, 2009, 02:06 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay!! That's a good kind of surprize!

I've found that it entirely depends on my connection with a person as to how I react. I was super excited for SIL and some of my friends, but other people I wasn't as emotionally connected to is where I got the anger and jealousy feelings coming up.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
May 23rd, 2009, 03:02 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I was the opposite of Nat. I was so angry at my best friend for having her baby. I was angry at Katy (the baby). I was just angry all around. When she called me that day, I was so excited initially when she called me. Until Katy woke up and started making those newborn mewling sounds, and Telima spoke to her in her mommy voice.

I don't think I've ever admitted how much I hated her for the next few days. I was so angry, because all through our friendship she had done everything first. (well, I got engaged first, but only by less than a day, and I went ring shopping with Tyler, so in my mind she got engaged first, she just didn't know it). I got pregnant first. I was supposed to be the mommy first.

I eventually got over it. Actually, 3 weeks later when her father died. But I was so mad and jealous at first.

So you really should commend yourself for your positivity. And don't berate yourself if the jealousy comes up when you see pictures of the baby.

May 23rd, 2009, 06:47 PM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
That is a positive sign!
good job -
I was so biter to the pregnant ladies after I lost Rebecca

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search