while visiting Katrina at the cemetery ***UPDATE in post 20***

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Proud Momma
Jon and I went to visit Katrina this afternoon (as we do every Sunday) at the cemetery. As we were driving up to her location, we noticed something was weird. Once we got closer, my heart started beating really fast as I realized that EVERYTHING from her site was GONE

I literally ran over to her plot and just started crying. Jon was pissed. We told Katrina we'd be right back as we drove up to the funeral home to talk to someone there about it.

The guy brought us into a room and we told him that everything was missing and he didn't really know what to say. He said it might be due to them cutting the lawn, but he said there is the possibility that someone could have stolen everything. Unfortunately because it is Sunday, he wasn't able to look into if it was the grass being cut and they took everything away in the meantime. But they had never done this last year when they were cutting the lawn.

I don't know what to think. Some of the other baby's graves had their stuff missing as well, but some of them still had everything.

Oh I really, really hope they just had to move everything so they could cut the lawn. Those were her special gifts so many people had brought especially for her. She had some little stuffed animals, a solar light so there would still be some light at night, I had a poem I wrote her and her picture that I had gotten laminated so it wouldn't get ruined in the rain and some other small stuff - just for her.

Jon and my mom don't think it was stolen b/c they probably wouldn't have taken everything and it would have been a mess or vandalized. But if it was some loser who stole them, well that's seriously the lowest of the low.

Last edited by LaLaLa1; June 8th, 2009 at 12:05 PM.
May 25th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Dacontay4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMW, I would be pissed too! Why on earth would somebody steal from a baby's grave? Thats just horrible! I'm so sorry I really hope it was just moved and you get it back!
Mason Charles (1/3/05) and Kaydence Faith (4/30/10)

Check out my blog at
http://davealy.blogspot.com

May 25th, 2009, 01:37 AM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
Hoping and praying it was just moved and it'll all be back next time you go.
I had a terracotta rocking horse stolen from Ceilidh's grave, it's horrible thinking anyone could stoop so low as to steal from a baby's grave.

May 25th, 2009, 04:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope it was just moved and not stolen, that would be so awful for someone to do! Are you calling them back to find out or going back there? KUP.

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

May 25th, 2009, 06:13 AM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG!!! I am SO sorry to hear this. Oh...there's NO reason for that. I don't understand...OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 25th, 2009, 07:01 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
I'm so sorry and really hope it was all just moved. Please KUP!!!

May 25th, 2009, 07:31 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I have to believe that it was just moved. Thieves usually steal things of monetary value, and Katrina's things have sentimental value.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

May 25th, 2009, 09:58 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've had stuff stolen a few times from the graves where Bryan Luke is buried (he is next to my brother, Bryan, and my grandmother). Little statues, flower pots, flower stands, even the copper flower holder that is attached to the headstone was stolen once off my brother's grave because the theives wanted to turn it in for the copper money I'm sure. It's just sickening that people would do that. I think some folks just get their kicks stealing things that don't matter just because it will hurt someone else.

I sincerely hope it was all just moved and they didn't have a chance to move it back yet. I'm SO sorry!!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
May 25th, 2009, 10:54 AM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry I hope they just moved it!! That would be seriously low to steal from a gravesite...jeeez

Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008
June 3rd, 2009, 09:30 PM
Proud Momma
Update:

Well my fil investigated and they basically got rid of everything . . . as in threw everything out (at least that's what they think) - they can't give us a definite answer for some reason, but since they are mowing the lawn for the first time this season, they basically cleared everything out and just got rid of it They did somewhat warn us last year when we were making the plans for her funeral / burial that they have to do it at the beginning of the season, but the lady said they usually leave the baby stuff alone. It would have been nice to have some sort of warning, so I could have cleared it myself in the meantime.

I can't dwell on this b/c there's nothing I can do about it. All her toys and stuffed animals and stuff people brought for her is all gone..............................
June 3rd, 2009, 09:54 PM
Dacontay4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry, thats just awful, they should not have done that, it wasn't theirs to touch! I'm sorry
Mason Charles (1/3/05) and Kaydence Faith (4/30/10)

Check out my blog at
http://davealy.blogspot.com

June 4th, 2009, 05:37 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, they should have let you know!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
June 4th, 2009, 05:40 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
how can they just throw it out surley they should have known it would break a mummys heart

June 4th, 2009, 05:47 AM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
Holy crap! They threw everything out?! That's not their right to do that! Steph, I'm so very sorry to hear that! How incosiderate ... <<HUGS>>

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
June 4th, 2009, 10:52 AM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
omg that is so HORRIBLE!! I'm so sorry

Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008
June 4th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh Steph I am so sorry they did that! How horrible!

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

June 4th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm sorry honey! They should have at least sent out a warning to everyone saying that they would be mowing for the first time of the season and to come and clear your stuff by XX day.

June 4th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Drakesmommy's Avatar My rainbow Twins are here
Send a message via MSN to Drakesmommy
I know exactly how you feel sweetie I had the same thing happen to me and then we were told that they left a red tag out saying that they were doing it but none of the babies sites had the tag there. My mil lives the closest to where my Drake is so she takes stuff out there every so often and when she does she brings back the other stuff and puts out the new stuff. I am so sorry this happend to you too it's not right and it breaks my heart.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy.

June 4th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry, Steph! That is just wrong, especially since it doesn't seem that everyone was affected. :dothugs:

June 8th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Proud Momma
So weird but awesome! So we got a call from the cemetery and they did keep her stuff. Apparently these people working there don't really communicate very well and the first person we spoke to I guess just assumed everything was thrown out and didn't really look into it very well. aiya! But we did more investigating ourselves b/c I was pretty upset about it being thrown out and apparently they did have her stuff in a box somewhere. Some of it is missing, but we have the majority of it. I'll take what I can!

Sorry for posting that they threw it out - but that's the answer we did get the first time. Ahhhhh I'm just sooooo happy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search