Tattoo?

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2009, 02:55 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Who has one in memory of their baby? My husband and I are thinking of getting one. We both decided to wait 6 months to a year and if we still want it then get it.

I was thinking something of a dove since that is what Colm means. That or a Celtic cross because St. Colm is said to have brought the Celtic cross to Ireland. Then I was thinking of getting the Celtic knot of motherhood, that way I could commemorate all of my children. So, you see I need to wait so I get what I really want..lol My cousin has a bunch of tattoos and his artist is really good, so I might take all my ideas to him and let him put it together.

So do you have one, and what is it if you do? Can I see a picture?

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
May 26th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Veteran
I want to get Logans footprint(s) tattooed on me.

My only issue is "WHERE". I'd love them over my heart, where I carry him. But I don't know. I haven't decided.

I had thought about on top of my feet, since I "carry him with me always". But I have ugly feet! (and big ones at that!)

I just don't know!
10/06/08
Logan stillborn, loved beyond measure

Journey to Logan video http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4e54597...314d673d3d0d0a
May 26th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm not a tattoo type of person. But if I were ever to get one, I'd get Cora's footprint on mine.

I got it from I Spoke With My Child ? A Powerful, Comforting Presentation In there the child said that s/he was walking along the beach with the parent, but the parent couldn't see the footprints because s/he was standing on the parent's feet.

May 26th, 2009, 03:38 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I wanted footprints, but Ethan's were just too small. So I got this:

I got it 3 weeksor so after Ethan was born and I LOVE it! It's my favorite of all my tattoos (I have 3). It's his initial plus one flower each for him, me, and DH. The photo was taken immediately after I got it - the redness and ink staining are gone now.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

May 26th, 2009, 03:45 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have thought about it. I wanted to get a rosary around my ankle with two tears coming from the Crucified Christ. But I have yet to find a design with a dignified Christ. And I have Jonah now, so that's three tears (one for my mom, one each for the boys)

I am like Brittanie, and not a real tattoo person, but I would put their footprints on my feet. I don't have Marshall's footprints...and kind of prints, so I would just make Jonah's smaller. I may end up doing that anyway.

I think you just talked me into it
May 26th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Super Mommy
My husband and I both had ours done on New Year's Eve, exactly 2 weeks after we lost Robert. It was my way of commemorating my son's existance. Mine had to be done a little bit differently because it covered a butterfly I had gotten in college. Mine is on my lower back. I could not sit through having all the color put in the wings or the coloring of his footprints, so my intention was to go back and have it finished, but I got pregnant first, so I will complete it after the next baby is here. I got it on my back because I did not want to have to look at it every second of every day, and I don't want everyone in the world seeing it. I did it for me, and I know it is there. That makes me happy. I carry him with me everywhere I go. Here is my tattoo:

I don't have a pic of my husbands but his is a cross on his shoulder the has the footprints on either side of the cross.
May 26th, 2009, 05:19 PM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
I'm not a member here I just lurk but I am a member of the pregnancy loss board.
This is the Tattoo that I got after I lost Jeziah. It's the Egyptian symbol for protection and New life. I got it because I feel that my Angel protects me and he is the reason that DH and I got back together so he is the reason for our new life together.

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

May 26th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
Where is the wadget eye? I have one on my wrist. let me see if i can find a pic.

I have not gotten one for genevive yet. Both of the insides of my wrists are taken, and my entire right upper arm. I was thinking on the top of my forearm, like on the other side of where that eye is, but not sure how good it would look.
May 26th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I am 99% sure if I get one it will e on th etop of my foot. I want to be able to see it, but I also don't want it to be somewhere that is is awlays seen.

My mom would have a cow! But, I don't care.

Tattoo Art - Celtic Art Designs by <B>The Celtic Lady's™</B> Those are the idea behind the mother knot. You have a dot added for each child. So I would maybe do the dot in the color of their birhtstones. Then Possibly have them make it like there is a dove in the middle, or the dove wings aorund the outside. I want it to be personal and no tjust a stock tattoo.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
May 26th, 2009, 06:37 PM
picasso dove close.jpg on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This is really cool! I would so do something like this because it would be there, but not be totally visible. Since I am not a big tattoo person myslef, I really like this.

Sail Back to Me
May 26th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablepearl View Post
picasso dove close.jpg on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This is really cool! I would so do something like this because it would be there, but not be totally visible. Since I am not a big tattoo person myslef, I really like this.
I would advise against large amounts of white - it turns yellow very quickly.

May 26th, 2009, 07:11 PM
The white would be like that one a dove and small, on teh top of my foot, so maybe a 1.5 inch outline.

Sail Back to Me
May 26th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have Calypso's hand and foot print on my back and her name and dates

2nd Tatt 7/10/2007 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
May 26th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablepearl View Post
The white would be like that one a dove and small, on teh top of my foot, so maybe a 1.5 inch outline.
My tattoo artist friends warn about white - apparently it's exposure to sunlight that makes it turn yellow, so if you keep it covered most of the time with your shoe, yellowing might not be a problem.

May 26th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Proud Momma
I would LOVE to get Katrina's footprints tattooed on me, but I am a HUGE wuss

I told my friend about a month after I lost her that I wanted her footprints on me and she thought it was weird to have footprints tattooed b/c no one would understand why I have them. I really could care less if no one knows why I have them. And Katrina has the most absolute PERFECT feet I have ever seen. Her footprints turned out SOOOO incredibly well. I want that to be a part of me forever. Not to brag, but seriously, look at my avatar pic of her footprints! SO perfect!

now to get over my fears!

Last edited by LaLaLa1; May 26th, 2009 at 07:59 PM.
May 26th, 2009, 08:15 PM
None of my tattoos have hurt that badly, even the tattoo on my foot, which is traditionally painful. And I am what they call "a sissy". Compared to childbirth, tattoos don't hurt much at all!

May 26th, 2009, 08:16 PM
she does have beautiful footprints. I have Colm's for my avatar too, not has clear as Katrina's.

Sail Back to Me
May 27th, 2009, 01:07 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
i have 2 tattoo's in memory of jessica my 1st ever tattoo and i was scared of the pain was just her name

and my 2nd is her name and date with a butterfly, (lee did this tattoo)

May 27th, 2009, 06:38 AM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
Noah's footprints are on my upper left arm, which is the pic in my avatar. I've been inked 6 times and this is, by far, my favorite tattoo (and the 1st one done on me by a woman artist!).

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
May 27th, 2009, 06:56 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
This is mine for the girls:

This was my 6th tattoo and the least painful for me. The worst one was a Cheshire cat that I have on the outside of my right ankle. I actually wanted to strangle the guy who was going it!! But in the end, I love it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search