Twins in the Jan DDC, Pregnancy(ies) mentioned

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2009, 02:32 PM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
I'm in the Jan DDC as most of you know and it seems like there are 3 - 4 women pregnant with twins. It's so exciting but there are such mixed emotions. I knew there would probably be women pregnant with twins, but I didn't think this many. I think 2 of them could be identical because they were shocked. Then there are others who did IVF and were/are expecting it to be 2 for the most part.

I told my story there and didn't leave many details out, I didn't want to sugarcoat anything. I hope these ladies don't sugarcoat things because of me also. I can say I'm scared for them also. I don't want them to go through what I went through. I really pray that their babies will be ok. But on the other hand it's really hard for me to see their sonograms. I want to read their posts because maybe I know something they should know and I can help them. But it's just so hard at the same time. UGH! I really do just wish them the best of luck with their babies. This is just something I'm going to have to deal with. It really is unavoidable.

May 27th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I can only imagine how that feels exactly. I know what you mean though, wanting to know if you can see warning signs for them. That's why I always push kick counts in the DDCs I'm in. I don't know if I would have been able to prevent losing Cora if I had been doing kick counts. But I wasn't because I didn't know, so now I try to inform others as best I can.

I didn't realize until I was pregnant with Patrick how dangerous it can be to have twins. Out of 3 sets of twins in the Feb '09 PR, only one set has both. So I think being a voice is good, even if it's a voice people don't necessarily want to hear.

May 27th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Super Mommy
It has to be very very tough on you. I know for me, even watching the people with one baby it hard. But really, I agree with Brittanie. Those of us who have suffered our losses may not talk about things other people want to hear, but even if we can make other people aware of the potential risks, we've accomplished something. If you are the voice that can answer questions for any of those women, you may very well save their babies. We sure didn't chose to be these people, but hopefully we can at least help some other people prevent what we've all been through. Sure doesn't make it hurt less though. My wish for all of us is that it gets easier with time That's just my
May 27th, 2009, 07:42 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I haven't yet joined a DDC, so I can't imagine how hard it must be to see other mothers so blissfully naive.

I just want to scream to the rafters "ladies of size, get checked for diabetes!" I never want another mother to lose her baby like I did because I had hidden weight-related diabetes.

I have twin brothers, and the danger of multiple pregnancies came home to me because originally, they were triplets.

You are so brave, and I know if I were in your DDC I would definitely want to share in your wisdom for the benefit of my baby.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

May 28th, 2009, 01:24 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
it was hard when i was in my ddc i wasnt in the in crowd in mine so i found it hard to post sometimes i got upset as the things they posted i wanted to shout just be greatful that u got ur baby cause anything could happen

May 29th, 2009, 10:10 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I avtually get really scared for people pregnant with twins after losing Roald and learning about multiple pregnancies.

But it must be so much harder for you, since you lost your twin girls. I still feel strange when I see women pregnant with boys. I guess it's just something we all go through in some sort of way. I hope you are able to grow more comfrtoable though. But...I can totally see why you feel the way you do.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search