A fb rage

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2009, 04:38 AM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hold on to your seat belts!

There are complaints about pictures of our stillborn angels. I understand some mommies keep them more private, but I'm SO proud of my boys, they are in my profile and they have their own albums. I figure it's an adult site, what's the harm.

Someone dared called them dead babies and fetuses. I understand that my boys weren't full term, but they are still born. Those terms make me see red.

Why shouldn't I proudly display my chidlren? I have the right to be as proud of them as I am of my l/c. My Jonah is teaching people about anencephaly, and Marshall was the first stillborn some of my friends ever met.

Finally, here's a big one...NOT EVERY PREGNANCY RESULTS IN A HAPPY BUNDLE. PEOPLE LOSE THEIR CHILDREN. Get off the rainbow and accept reality.

Sorry. Rage under control. For now. LOL
May 31st, 2009, 06:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
***????
This really upsets me that they called your angels dead babies.
Some women want to live in a world where nothing bad happens, it doesn't work that way. Pregnancy can result in death of your baby and you.

(((HUGS)))
May 31st, 2009, 07:15 AM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
((nodding))

I think all of the stillborn babies' pictures (here, fb, missfoundation, etc.) are positively beautiful, but if someone were to call MY Noah "just a fetus" (which is bullschitt, because Julia survived after being delivered at 32 weeks gestation and she was a BABY for cripes sake), I would go apeschitt on them and use every colorful word known to man.

This is why I can't bring myself to post pictures of Noah, because I know what a very cruel world it is that we live in and yah, I would take insults like that pretty personally.

And I couldn't agree with you more here: "Finally, here's a big one...NOT EVERY PREGNANCY RESULTS IN A HAPPY BUNDLE. PEOPLE LOSE THEIR CHILDREN. Get off the rainbow and accept reality."

~*applauding*~ Right on.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
May 31st, 2009, 07:23 AM
Crys's Avatar Vampire Loving Mama :)
Send a message via MSN to Crys Send a message via Yahoo to Crys
hi girls Im peeking in here. I never have had a stillbirth but I have had three miscarriages and I think that your pictures and the siggies are beautiful and I think that it is horrible that anybody would make comments about your beautiful children.

I think its wrong and they should be dealt with be admins because it really is just wrong.

May 31st, 2009, 07:32 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
That makes me angry too. On another forum I was on, I had a mod edit my siggy herself to take Cora out of it because there had been complaints. I couldn't believe how much it hurt. It would have hurt less if they had ASKED first.

Nobody has ever called Cora that to my face before though. I'd probably go postal on them if they did.

May 31st, 2009, 07:37 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yikes. I have Devin's pic up there on my FB page. Not on the front, but he's there if people care to look. It's facebook, for crying out loud... if someone doesn't want to see it, then they don't have to look at my profile. Duh. He's my son and if someone wants to be friends with me then they had better accept that.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
May 31st, 2009, 07:53 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who is doing the complaining? I mean, honestly, like Nat said... it's FB for crying out loud! Just don't look if you don't like it!

I was a member of one stillbirth group on there who decided to stop putting pictures of our angels up in a memorial albulm because it was "offensive to other members." I stopped doing anything with them... I can't remember if I ever officially quit... but honestly!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
May 31st, 2009, 09:03 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Well f*** them.

I'm sorry that's not my usual eloquent response, but sometimes, swear words are the only correct response.

FB has also given trouble to women with breastfeeding pictures posted and they actually take them down. It's ridiculous how oversensitive people are.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

May 31st, 2009, 10:52 AM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
**** them

is what i think.

**hugs**

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

May 31st, 2009, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccabaltimore View Post
Well f*** them.

I'm sorry that's not my usual eloquent response, but sometimes, swear words are the only correct response.

FB has also given trouble to women with breastfeeding pictures posted and they actually take them down. It's ridiculous how oversensitive people are.
Really? But they can have lewd/suggestive pictures of women as profile pictures? The hypocrisy is astounding. I was thinking of switching my profile picture to one of Eva's foot with a sort of 'in memoriam' as my status for her one year angelversary. Are you telling me that I would be told to take it down? That's just heartless and cruel. In past years, it was common practice to take pictures of your deceased loved ones as a sort of memorial item. Funny how we get more up tight about death the farther along we get in history. Sex and violence are practically common place, but love and grief are things that should be kept in the privacy of your bedroom. Despicable.

May 31st, 2009, 05:40 PM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
**** Them is Right.

edited because I'm really angry and said some mean things. lol

Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008
May 31st, 2009, 05:47 PM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
some people are just idiots.
If they don't like it they don't have to look

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment
May 31st, 2009, 05:52 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did some searching online about the issue just to find out more info (FB is claiming it's against their policy - much like the breastfeeding pics they were taking down left and right). It's interesting to me to read the comments. Lots of, "Well that's just morbid and gross, and just wrong, it should be something private." And you know, all the comments sounded like they were written by 15 year olds. You know, the whole, "Ewww, that's nasty" kind of feel to it. A total lack of the deeper understanding of life.

But really it's a larger symptom. This society does NOT place any kind of emphasis on grieving. It's not just understood... it's painted as bad, wrong, something to hide. Some things are more acceptable - like dealing with a divorce, say. That has a lot of nasty side effects and emotions. But that's acceptable to talk about in public now. I'm willing to take a bet that it wasn't not too long ago. But divorce has become socially acceptable, and therefore not something to hide.

But death... not so much. I have a link to post, something related, that I think everyone will find very interesting... I'll post it separately.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
June 1st, 2009, 01:05 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
its just ignorance hun!

have it been them (they obviously have never gone thro any grief) i bet it would be totaly different! to say the least they are pictures of our special babies they are sleeping we have every right to show them off if they were just asleep not a word would be uttered! its just people being ingorant! i would hold my head up high that they are just beautiful and no amount of ignorant and cruel people can change that.

big big hugs (((((()))))

June 1st, 2009, 04:15 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I have pictures of Ethan up in an album on FB (accessible only to my friends and family) and no one has ever complained. I think I might get complaints if I used his picture as my main photo. FB is different than myspace, it only removes pictures if someone complains to them about it.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search