I made it through, but a bit bitter

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Proud Momma
Well I think I did alright today. I didn't cry once. We tried to make it a happy day spent with family. We went for dim sum earlier today and then went to visit Katrina at the cemetery and took her balloons and lots of flowers and she got a little bear. It was actually a very nice day, all things considering.

I want to personally thank each of you who took the time to write to me either on facebook or on here to wish Katrina a happy birthday. It truly means a lot to me. I'm a bit bitter toward my so-called "good" friends though. Of all people who wrote to me (other than you girls), only one "good" friend actually said she wished she could give me a hug and funny thing, she's the last of our good friends that I would have expected that from! I really don't care if they find it awkward to bring up Katrina to me. If we're your "good" friends, then you should have enough balls to say something, even if you don't know how. Jon is a bit bitter too but he doesn't take it to heart as much as I do. My feelings hurt very easily and it makes me so sad for Katrina that our own good friends can't even take 5 seconds out of their "busy" lives to just wish her a happy birthday or tell us they're thinking of us.

Sorry abou this, but yea, I am a bit bitter. I'm starting to reconsider if I should tell them next week at my birthday dinner about Sweet Pea, I really don't think they honestly care. I'd rather wait until I'm done the first trimester and when I'm noticeably showing.

Ugh, why am I getting so upset about this. I'm always there for them when they need me and they can't even be there at the times when I need them most.
August 9th, 2009, 06:23 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With things like this.... it DOES hurt when friends don't seem to remember or care. I'm glad the day was spent celebrating with your family in a way that worked for you... it sounds like a very good way to celebrate your beautiful Katrina.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
August 9th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It hurts a lot when good friends don't acknowledge a day you will always remember. I used to get very bitter, and still have moments but I look at it like this, for them it's just another day. I am in no way making excuses because if they are good friends and know they should take the time since I am sure you make the time to be there for them.
It sounds like you had a very special day for your daughter.

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search