6 months

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2009, 07:17 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Six months ago today. I gave birth to my son. I thought I'd be upset today, but I'm not. I'm feeling quite numb actually. I'm glad not to be all broken up and nonfunctional, but I feel like I've somehow betrayed Ethan by feeling normal. Poor little guy

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

August 10th, 2009, 07:36 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto. I felt the same way on my 6-month mark. And ditto on the guilt, too. I think there are other days that have been so much harder. But it was still hard.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
August 10th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Proud Momma

I didn't feel too emotional on Katrina's 6 month mark either. It was more just unbelievable that we had gone 6 months without her either in my stomach or in our arms.

And you're not betraying Ethan by not feeling down. He knows how much you love and miss him.
August 11th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Super Mommy
I think he would be proud of you for being "okay" on his angelversary. He is your son, he felt through your womb how much you love him. I have a poem called "The Tinest Angel" and it talks from the child's perspective of not wanting Mommy and Daddy to be sad. I also have the book "Born To Fly...An Infants Journey To Heaven" (or something) and it talks about the child not wanting his parents to cry, but wanting them to rejoice because he was with God and in a beautiful place.

There is no right way to feel...every. Just let yourself feel whatever and be gentle on yourself
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

August 11th, 2009, 01:45 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Thanks ladies. You guys always know what to say to comfort me

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

August 11th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I agree with all the other ladies. I think we constantly have to remind ourselves that we CAN love and miss our angels without being completely broken up and not functional. We have to remind ourselves that being "okay" doesn't mean we love them less.

I don't actually know whether it "hurts less" or if I've just gotten used to the pain.

It's like they say when a person goes blind the other senses compensate by becoming more acute. That doesn't make the person any less blind.

We're just compensating.

August 12th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Veteran
I'm sorry I didn't respond on the 10th.

thinking of you.

and he KNOWS how much his mommy loves him. He doesn't need you to be broken up to know that. Your love lives inside you every day, all day.

*HUGS*
10/06/08
Logan stillborn, loved beyond measure

Journey to Logan video http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4e54597...314d673d3d0d0a

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search