Results

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So we got the placenta analysis report and autopsy report. As we expected, there is no clear reason as to what happened. He was a healthy baby, there was nothing wrong with him. Even though, we were prepared for this after "googling" the stilbirth every day for the past month, I was still hoping that we would be the exception and they give us the reason. The doctor just said that the baby just wasn't meant to be. It's just hard to beleive that at this age and state of medicine they can't figure it out. Just makes me so mad.

August 18th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Proud Momma
I'm sorry you didn't get an answer. It does seem a bit weird that in this day and age they aren't able to figure it out, but I guess even Dr's don't know everything.

August 18th, 2009, 10:20 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Helen, I'm sorry. It is certainly one of the most frustrating things... not knowing why. Research needs to be done! This is just not right.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
August 18th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Veteran
I am so sorry......I think it's so hard not having an answer. I wish more can be done......we are left with so many questions. Hang in there!
August 19th, 2009, 03:32 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
oh hun im so sorry, must be so hard we are here for you

August 19th, 2009, 02:38 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maybe this doesn't statiscally prove to be true, but just from what I read nad hear, it seems like full-term stillbirths are more often left with no answers than premature stillbirths. Does anyone else notice that and find that so odd and sad???

We knew what is most likely the cause of Roald's death. It was obvious...research supports it...but they can't say for 100% sure and nothing else was abnormal. So we accept it. But I would have been so hurt and confused, scared and lost if they had no idea. I'm so sorry. I know someone IRL who lost her baby 5 days after her due date and was never given a cause of death. I feel so terrible for those of you left in the dark when it comes to this important aspect.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
August 19th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Bonnie, I've sort of noticed that too. I was doing some reading on that Dr. who specializes in umbilical cord accidents, and he was saying that he thinks that many of the "no discernible cause" deaths are in fact uca's too, but since the cord isn't actually wrapped around anything, it's just being squished, you wouldn't be able to tell after the baby is born.

I'm so sorry you didn't get definite answers, Helen. I wish I could give them to you.

August 19th, 2009, 07:52 PM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
I understand how you feel.
Our son died at 41 weeks. He was very healthy.
He died during delivery.

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search