the film orphan

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2009, 11:24 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
i watched the film the orphan last night and i swear it was just too familiar

at the beginning of the film it shows a lady in labour, the baby dies before birth and she names her jessica, then it shows her plaque and it was surrounded by white roses they are jessicas flowers too so i said to lee this film is sad its too familiar to our loss, he turned round and said well its not that uncommon is it i really was shocked he said that and got quite up set men just dont think what they say well when i say men i mean lee sometimes dosent think!

September 9th, 2009, 04:40 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((hugs)))

It is sad thoguh that there is truth to hus words. It is much to common for anyone to want to think about.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
September 9th, 2009, 04:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hate how true his words are.

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

September 9th, 2009, 05:22 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is eerie about that movie. I would be upset too, especially since it is the same name and flowers.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
September 9th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Aeterna's Avatar Super Speshil
Did she have a miscarriage? I've heard different things, but I heard it was too much for some.

I want to see Grace. It's a horror/drama centered around a woman that losses her daughter to a car accident when she was 8 months pregnant. I'm sure it will push some buttons, but I'm intrigued by it and I love horror movies.

September 9th, 2009, 07:30 AM
she had a stillbirth, the film its self is ok not brilliant but watchable

September 9th, 2009, 08:26 AM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The movie The Unborn centers around a girl who finds out she was a twin but her twin brother passed away before they were born

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

September 9th, 2009, 11:05 AM
i ve seen the unborn too why do i do it to myself

November 4th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Send a message via AIM to rsavage2183 Send a message via Yahoo to rsavage2183
Do any of you know exactly what the plaque said? I just watched the movie tonight bad idea because today is the 2 month anniversary of our daughter Tiffany. She was born sleeping, but I watched that movie and thought the plaque was nice and wanted to know what it said...can't bring myself to rewatch the movie.
November 4th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Never heard of this movie.

I refuse to watch the Unborn though, especially considering I was a twin myself until my mother miscarried at 3 months.

November 4th, 2009, 09:14 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I saw them both. I do not recommend that you guys see them. It's not worth the upset.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

November 4th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Proud Momma
Funny...just today my boss told me I should definitely not watch The Orphan.

My mom also told me not to watch The Time Travelers Wife. Jon looked it up and then agreed with her and then his sister and my friend both agreed too that I should not watch it. I know she loses a baby (I think stillborn?), but apparently there's more to it that would upset me even more? I don't really want to know, but I am a bit curious. I own the book, but Jon refuses to let me read it until Sweet Pea is home with us, healthy and alive!
November 5th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks for the tip about the time traveler's wife, I want to see it, but I watched Orphan and got upset enough. I just can't do it, how come movies even remind us all of how we were robbed?

November 5th, 2009, 05:47 AM
Aeterna's Avatar Super Speshil
I was familiar with the opening scene of Orphan. It didn't really bug me since I was expecting it and it was a dramatized dream sequence. I was able to identify with her anger and frustration when her flowers got ruined.

I still have plans to watch Grace, which is a thriller/horror centered around a woman who loses her daughter in a car accident and she awaits labor and baby is born still and is willed backed to life.

November 5th, 2009, 06:52 AM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
Wow, thanks for all the info about these movies. The only ones I'd been warned to not watch were "Marley & Me" and "The Unborn."

I guess this is why I stick to safe stuff, like watching the same DVDs over and over that I know won't trigger any emotions for me in a public setting

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
November 5th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When you first posted about it, I didn't realize it was the movie I actually wanted to see. I think it came out around the time Eric was still born. I love horror movies, and I remember overhearing someone on the subway when it just came out saying that it was really "life sort-of scary". From the clips of the movie I wouldn've thought it was about the stillbirth. Now I don't know if I want to watch. We watched recently "Clara's heart" with my daughter which I haven't seen before, and even though it's not clear why the baby died in the beginning of the movie , I guess from SIDS, it was still very upsetting for me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search