OT *but for fun* --- Your SO / DH

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2009, 09:18 AM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
I wanted to post a fun thread today just because I am severely lacking sleep AND because it's a typical Monday for me.

Here's my question -- "When you first met your SO / DH, did you know that he was 'The One'?" Discuss!

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
September 21st, 2009, 10:01 AM
noworries
Not at all. I thought he was a bit weird when we first met. And then we were friends for about 5 or 6 years before we started dating. But, shortly after dating we both knew that we were in love and it wasn't long before we were happily married. It will be 4 years of wedded bliss for us on Thursday.
September 21st, 2009, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No, I didn't. We met in class in college, and I was really annoyed at him first. Then we became friends, and a year later started dating. I never thought evern during dating that I would end up marrying him. But 5 years later we did.

September 21st, 2009, 10:12 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
i deffiantly didnt i was 14 and it was kinda like a teenage crush type thing but hey ho 16 or is it 17 now lol later and were still together

September 21st, 2009, 10:42 AM
Aeterna's Avatar Super Speshil
No. I wasn't thinking about that when we first started dating. That didn't come 'til later.

Pax, Aeon

September 21st, 2009, 10:58 AM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
It's a long story for me, but my bottom line is that no --- I didn't think Nate was 'the one' when we first met. As a matter of fact, I was moving to a new city for a new job and the distance I knew that would be between us made me really not want much to do with him at all (LOL).

Little did I know that a lot of emails, phone calls, and weekend visits would lead us to where we are today. We'll be together 10 years January 2010 and married 8 years in May 2010.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
September 21st, 2009, 11:12 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I met Bill online first. Actually one week later his roommate moved out and took the computer with so after that we talked via telephone from November 2006 until September 2007 when I moved back to my homestate Pennsylvania (I had been living in California). We met via the dating site Plenty of Fish which at the time wasn't treally trashy but one of my friends told me she wa son there recently and it was like alot of trashy stuff?

Anyway, then we were engaged Dec. 1 2007, married March 22, 2008. The first time we spoke on the phone we both said we were in love and after less than a month he told me "You do realize you're going to marry me, don't you?" lol. So yeah...God made sure we found each other and we both knew it.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
September 21st, 2009, 12:37 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
We met when we were 11, so that would be a big no. We didn't start dating until we were 18.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

September 21st, 2009, 03:17 PM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
When I first met Neal, I was having a rough time in life and I enjoyed being single. We had gone on a few dates and I realized he was the one. We started dating and a week later he told me he loved me and here we are, married with more animals than I ever thought I would own at once! 3 dogs, 2 cats and 2 fish tanks.....

September 21st, 2009, 03:48 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Oh man, this is a long story.

Technically I met Matt while he was on his mission for our church. I don't know if you guys know anything about Mormon missionaries...but they don't date. Anyway, a missionary will go to a specific area (in this case, the Las Vegas, NV West mission, which encompasses the west half of the entire state of Nevada and a small part of California in the north), and will spend 2 years in that area doing service and teaching, etc. But they don't STAY in the same place they move around. Every 6 weeks are transfers. Not every missionary will get transfered every 6 weeks though. Anyway, Matt was transfered into my ward (what we call our congregation), 2 weeks before I moved in with my best friend . My dad was the liason between the members of our ward and the missionaries & people they're teaching, so we had missionaries over at our house for dinners and such all the time. So he had dinner at our house, and then I moved, whatever, right?

So then he's there for 6 months and became good friends with my family. He went home in October (2003) and in February (2004) my sister decided he and I would be perfect for each other so badgered us into emailing. lol. In April, he was going to go from Idaho (where he was going to school) down to Vegas to visit his older sister for 2 weeks until his younger sister's semester ended so they could drive back to Michigan together. So I told him that I'd pay for half his gas if he picked me up in Provo (UT) and took me home. And by St. George I knew I was going to marry him. =p

September 21st, 2009, 07:57 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I met in 7th grade. We were 11 or something like that. We became friends that year by default almost. We were in a lot of the same classes and our last names had us sitting near each other every class we had together. Then we both had to wait on our moms to come and pick us up after school, so we were usually the only ones left on school grounds waiting on our moms. We were BEST friends by the end of our 7th grade year. We stayed best friends. We didn't start dating until we were in college though (I never wanted to date him until then). When we started dating he lived in Atlanta and I lived on the MS and AL state line basically. I decided we were going to get married somewhere around my 5th semester in college. LOL. We got married 2 weeks after I graduated from college in May 2003.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
September 22nd, 2009, 06:30 AM
Super Mommy
DH and I met while I was in the process of a separation and divorce. Lol... Rob was fun to hang out with and gave me a break from the misery of what was going on at home. Lo and behold we ended up hanging out a lot. Then I decided I was going to move out of my parents house (I had been living there while married) and Rob wanted to move in with me to help with rent. Then things got serious. He decided we should buy a house, so we did. And then he proposed! And then surprise, surprise, we got pregnant with Robert. Looking back, I never thought, 'wow he is the one'. But he is an amazing guy and I do feel lucky every day I wake up next to him.
September 22nd, 2009, 08:58 AM
Super Mommy
I met my SO on plenty of fish also... its not too too bad. I had just decided to go back into the dating game because i had been seperated from my DH for a year and he was in the process of getting the divorce papers started(still is!!)
I was bound and determined to go out with someone older then i was and never someone my age or younger again..my x was the same age as me.
My SO messaged me and I saw he was only 23..i was 26 at the time...but since he had a son i gave him a chance...we met the next day...and as soon as I met him I knew he was the one. We talked for hours and the next day we loaded up his truck and went camping..my daughter, his son and us...and i brought my friends along..just incase....and we have been happy together since.
And he says when he met me, he knew i was the one he had been looking for as well.

September 23rd, 2009, 01:50 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
BeccasMom-that's cool you guys met on POF too! lol

Our pastor was actually the .least "weird" about us having met online first (though, like I said, most of our prior-to-physical correspondence was via phone). We told him we knew we were going to get married withion the first 48 hours of talking to each other and he never doubted us a bit. I persoanlly don't see how it is any different than metting someone at work, etc.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
September 23rd, 2009, 07:50 PM
Proud Momma
When I met Jon, I had just gotten out of a 2 month relationship with the most controlling loser EVER. He was so beyond obsessive of me, so obviously I had to break up with him (which is another horror story in itself), which was the best thing I ever did.

My best friend (and I) were so glad I was finally out of that he!!ish relationship and she had met Jon through some of our friends being friends with some of his friends...but I had never met Jon at that time personally. I had seen him at a few parties/clubbing, but never really paid much attention. He had mentioned to his friends how he thought I was cute, but never pursued anything (prob because he knew I wasn't single and was with loser freak at the time).

Anyway, one thing led to another and my friend said she really wanted to hook us up. He took me out 3 days before my 20th birthday and he was so easy to talk to / get along with. I kind of had this feeling deep down that he would be "the one", but I had such bad luck with relationships in the past, I didn't want to put too much thought into it.

Well, 8 years and almost 2 months later, we're still together and happily married

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search