Possible premature labor? *preg mentioned*

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2009, 01:08 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I apologize for posting a thread in the main section and not the pregnancy section that is totally about my current pregnancy and nothing to do with stillbirth, but I want all the insight I can get.

Okay...so I am 31 weeks 2 days. I usually gag in the mornings when I first wake up but I have not vomited an actual meal or food for awhile. The past few mornings even after I gag I feel just not interested in food so today when I felt like that it didn't bother me. But then after I ate I couldn't finish and I felt t-point-of-no-return-I'm-going-to-vomit feeling I know so well fro mRoald's pregnancy and earlier this pregnancy. So I threw up. I also had a BM later than most days today.It was not super soft or messy so that makes me think I am just worrying for no reason (only because I have read in early labor women usually have soft stool or runny, etc??).

Anyways...I am soooo tired today and like I said my tummy was really upset. And now my back hurts. Not like a back ache either...I get those every day now. This is more like uncomfortable cramps all along my lower back. When I get menstrual cramps they feel like this but they are only on my left side, but right now it's along my lower back, across the whole area.

Bill will be coming home soon. I was going to cook dinner etc but I
m scared so I'm just going to lie down. I drank a caffeinated soda to make Vera move to make sure she is alive and kicking and she is. But I also feel things I can't tell...maybe I only think they might be light contractions because I'm scared now?? I can't tell if it's just stretching or strange movement or contractions. I guess that deep inside me I am scared this all feels eerily similar to the first two hours of labor I had with Roald. Plus I know that lower back pain is how labor starts. But we are NOT insured and I have no idea how much we would be charged for me to go be checked. I defnitely don't want to go to the ER uninsured if this is nothing. I have had no bleeding or anything like that. Mostly I am just scared because of the lower back pain, the vomiting my food and upset stomache. Is there a good test/way to check myself to see if I am having any uterine contractions??? What should a broke uninsured couple do if they are really really really unsure??? I'm going to let Bill know how I feel when he gets home and try to wait it out to see if it stops or not.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
September 24th, 2009, 01:27 PM
littlebeansmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't know if there would be any difference between pre-term and regular labor, but I know that when I went into labor on my own with my first DS, I did not have lower back pain. I was spotting that morning and having period like cramps, mostly mild, until later in the day when they became more regular and I ended up in the hospital for delivery.

Are you making sure that you are staying hydrated? Sometimes that can trigger cramping. It may be that you picked up a little bug somewhere that's affecting your stomach and the cramping is because of hydration issues. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.

It definitely sucks that we have to worry so much about our babies.
DS #1:

My precious angel DS#2:

My rainbow DS#3:

My Princess #4:
September 24th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
You know, that actually sounds how I felt before I went to the hospital at 33 weeks with Erin with a UTI that put me into labor. The back thing, totally.

Drink LOTS of water. LOTS and LOTS of water. Dehydration can make your uterus irritable and do that contracting thing.

September 24th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
After my daughters i am a big advocate of if you are unsure go in, if it turns out to be nothing, at least you checked. But the insurance poses a problem. If it is labor it will not get better and probably get worse. In a couple hours if you feel worse, get checked anyhow. You want to be at the hospital if a preemie comes. a 31 weeker will need some breathing help. But they usually do well and spend minimal time in the NICU.
September 24th, 2009, 01:54 PM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
Bonnie, I have no advice except to say that maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing to go to the ER at the hospital just to be on the safe side, broke and uninsured thought aside? I wish I had something more comforting to tell you, but I'll echo the "drink lots of water" suggestion.

It could be something totally unrelated to the pregnancy --- kidney infection, kidney stones, food poisoning just to name a few. You'd still want to be checked out in case you need any kind of antibiotics, medication, etc.

I'm so sorry this is happening
Please KUP in here!!

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
September 24th, 2009, 02:00 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
yeah hun it cant do anyharm to get checked, i hope everythings ok bonnie

September 24th, 2009, 05:31 PM
The cramping went away. I still feel like my stomache is being extra sensitive but I also still have a hearty appetite. I am going to ask more about premature labor and stuff at my NST and BPP Monday morning. The cramping in my back and the vomiting just felt exactly like it did the first two hours of labor when I had Roald so it was spooking me out, but I didn't feel any real contractions of my uterus. So I think it was something else. But ugh...I was scared for a few hours there. Thanks! I can't wait until mid-October when his insurance kicks in!!!

September 24th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
Hey, keep paying attention. You are doing it Right, a lot of women just say its nothing and blow it off. You are getting close to the end.
September 24th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am glad the cramping stopped! I don't know a lot about pre-term labour since I have been induced each time but i did have a lot more braxton hicks with sub pregnancies and earlier and it freaked me out. I really wish it didnt have to be so hard.

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

September 25th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With Samantha I went into labor with no other symptoms but some back pain and cramping. With Eric I had loose stools, cramping and stomach and lower back pain. I don't know if it was because he was already dead or just different pregnancy.

If I were you, I would watch it closely for the next couple of days. Now after the stillbirht, I would probably also go to the dr or er just be on the safe side.

KUP.

September 26th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
I'm glad the cramps went away hun.

I can't begin to comprehend what it is like to be so scared and be worried about going to get checked out because of the cost.
I don't care what anyone says, there's a lot to said for universal health care when that worry just isn't there.

Take care hun xx
September 27th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Yvonne-that pretty much read my mind. We could have gotten Cobra coverage until my husband's new insurance kicks in in mid October....if we wanted to pay the $2, 200 premium up front for only a couple months coverage. Ugh. And we owe the OB office $300 as it is and now I am going to have weekly NSTs and BPPs and that is going to cost us hundreds of dollars a week until we are insured. Then when the insurance kicks in we have to satisfy the $600 deductible right away so that the insurance will cover the remainder (which will include the birth). It is a nightmare!!!!!

September 27th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Bonnie, I was terrified back in January when I had no insurance for a month. I had a night of cramps like that and I was SO scared that he was going to come early and would need a NICU and we'd have no way to pay for it. So I'm praying that there are no complications at all, but that there won't anything to even think about worrying about until after October. (I hope you understand what I mean by that)

I was SO relieved when our insurance finally kicked in. Not much longer now. October 1st is this week, so just a couple more weeks right?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search