had a breakdown today

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2009, 05:39 PM
Proud Momma
I was at work today and I cut myself on something metal. It was a very small cut and it wasn't rusted metal, but I was concerned, so I tried my Dr's to get their advice if I should get a tetanus shot or if it's even safe during pregnancy.

My family Dr. is closed on Fridays, so I tried my OB's office. He wasn't in the office at the time, so the receptionist said she'd ask him when he comes back and call me back. Well she phoned me back and apparently he told her to tell me to go to the ER of the hospital where I'm going to deliver - keep in mind this hospital is only for pregnancies. He said don't go to a drop-in clinic.

I was a bit confused why I would have to go to the hospital ER for something like this, but I did anyway. I went to the "admitting" area...which brought back some horrid memories from last year...since that's where we had to check in when we were going to get induced with Katrina and I had a HUGE crying fit and screaming there last year with Jon and his parents. I tried not to remember those memories and went to the receptionist. They asked me why I was there and I told them my OB told me to come here for the tetanus shot. They were equally confused as I was. They looked at my cut and said it didn't warrant a tetanus shot b/c it was so small and superficial.

Anyway, the nurse was asking me after if this is my first pregnancy and I just absolutely LOST it. I somehow got the words out that my daughter was stillborn and she came over to comfort me for a good 10 minutes as I couldn't stop bawling. I was so emotional and just couldn't stop. She told me she understood why I was worried about the cut - because I was just looking out for my baby.

I felt so stupid and now I'm probably tagged as "nutcase" on my file or something. I just couldn't believe how out of control I got. I've talked about Katrina SO many times and never started crying...I think it's because I was in the same admitting area as last year when we had to go last year to get induced

That's my story of the day. I'm feeling much better now though!

Last edited by LaLaLa1; October 2nd, 2009 at 05:51 PM.
October 2nd, 2009, 10:12 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Oh honey, those places....it's just so hard. I don't think they give us angel mommies "nutcase" labels. I think that the previous loss is the same thing. We're ALL nutcases.

Anyway, I'm glad that the cut wasn't bad. And at least you've now already dealt with this hurdle so going back past there when you deliver Sweet Pea it won't be the first time.

I switched jobs a little more than a month after Cora was born, and I had to get a drug test done at the lab at the hospital where I delivered her. I did the same thing.

October 3rd, 2009, 09:25 AM
noworries
I'm sorry sweetie. And don't feel like a nutcase, what happened is totally normal and I think I would have done the same thing. I'm already thinking that if I get pregnant again I will make sure to request to not be in the same room that I delivered Eli in.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search