"I didn't know I was pregnant" show on TLC

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If any of you watched it, did you beleive it? Some women still had their period until the baby was born. Most of them never felt baby move. Some of them kept partying, smoking and drinking. Then they have perfectly healthy babies. Is this one of those made-up shows or can it really happen? If this is true, I am starting to think that maybe Eric's due date wasn't correctly determined and he stayed in my belly a few weeks longer and that's why he died? Maybe my body failed me and I had this one extra period last October while already being pregnant? It sounds really crazy because I know that my Dr. and the ultrasound machine had the same due date as me. Still makes me wonder.

October 9th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Don't let shows like that make you doubt yourself. If the ultrasound showed your date being close to what you thought, then it probably was close. It's hard when we want there to be some reason for it when there isn't one. It's so easy to feel like you failed. It's so hard to just accept that it's just crappy cards dealt to you, and that there's no reason other than that. But it's not your fault.

I think half those women who don't know are just oblivious because they didn't want to be pregnant, so they convinced themselves the symptoms were other things. I mean, how do you not feel movement?

October 9th, 2009, 12:06 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have watched it, but it makes me upset. For more than one reason. But the biggest is the women who give birth in the toilet and leave the baby there. Even if I was in shock, I wouldn't leave the baby in the toilet.

Anyway, I know of one woman IRL that this happened to. She was pre-menopausal, about 42 years old and overweight. She did feel movement, but afterwards she said it felt much different then her other pregnancies. She thought it was gas. She already had infrequent periods because of menopause approaching, so she didn't think anything of it. She only gained about 5 pounds, being probably 100 pounds overweight, she didn't 'show'.

One day she was having intense abdominal painand horrendous back pain so she went into the ER. There they did an US to rule out a ruptured ovarian cyst and found she was pregnant and in labor.

I believe her because of the circumstances. Some of the women on teh show are just too out there for me to really believe.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
October 9th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Mom 2 Avery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mom 2 Avery Send a message via Yahoo to Mom 2 Avery
I had a friend that didn't know she was pg until she delivered a 6.5 lb girl at 8.5 months...she had even lost 60 lb during the pregnancy!

The baby is perfect and will be 14 in March!!!
October 10th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Proud Momma
Unfortunately this does exist. My friend was telling me how this guy she knows has this girlfriend who sleeps around a lot, does drugs, drinks a lot...but she is obsessed with him. He has broken up with her many times and she keeps crawling back and even told someone that she would do anything to stay with him - even if that includes "accidentally" getting pregnant. Well...she did get pregnant, right away, and of course she didn't know and continued to do hard drugs, drink heavily, and sleep around with so many other guys. She finally found out at over 6 months that she was pregnant and of course she's carrying a healthy baby.

Stories like this make me SO angry and bitter.
October 10th, 2009, 02:47 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
i dont think this was on in england?

October 10th, 2009, 04:20 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't watch shows like this. I get far far too angry for my own good.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
October 10th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Veteran
Oh I've seen it. It's kinda hard to believe.......like the Irish singer from a band and only weighed 95lbs. She kept drinking and parting and had a healthy baby at like 8 1/2 months along. Now how can someone that little not get a huge belly or feel movement? Blows me away. I sometimes get upset and my husband tells me to turn it off.
October 10th, 2009, 09:02 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I used to think stories like these were fiction when I was younger but they are really true. Whether or not ALL of them they air are real...who knows. My mom is always talking about this show and it just annoys me. I am glad we choose not to have channels (we have TVs and DVD players, but no cable or basic or anything) because I know I would sit there watching this junk and crying my butt off.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search