Did anyone go into labor on their own?

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2009, 03:31 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was just curious if anyone went into labor on their own after they found out their baby passed away?...I've been having some pains since yesterday, on and off, and alot of discharge (sorry TMI)...I won't know if it's just normal or my body gearing up.

October 11th, 2009, 03:42 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't, but I think my body was getting ready to... I definitely felt very different the day I had that fateful appointment, I knew something was up... my cervix felt very weird, I had some discharge. I think that's why the induction went so easy.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
October 11th, 2009, 04:29 PM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
I didn't. I lost my Alyssa the day before my due date and when I checked into the hospital to be induced I was dialated to 1 cm which was what I was dilated to at the last doc appt I had.
October 11th, 2009, 05:09 PM
littlebeansmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I didn't, exactly, but I had a lot of what you're talking about. The night we found out, I was up late and was doing a lot of standing/walking while on the phone with family and friends. I started having some discharge and some cramping. If I had continued to walk, maybe I would have, who knows. I went in the next morning for my induction so I didn't find out if it was actually starting labor or not.
DS #1:

My precious angel DS#2:

My rainbow DS#3:

My Princess #4:
October 11th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Aeterna's Avatar Super Speshil
Nope. I had too much fluid. It prevented him from getting into position and my membranes were pretty strong. I was 4 cm when I went in, but I don't think I was near labor at all.

October 11th, 2009, 06:35 PM
I'm still having "pains" i'm not sure if it's cramping or what, but it's not like ligament pains during early pregnancy, it's more sharp....another question I have, what do they do if the baby is not head down? I know at my 19 week ultrasound she was sideways, and during my last ultrasound I was so upset that I didn't even think to ask...I really don't want to have to have a c-section on top of everything else.

October 11th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Super Mommy
My friend went into the hospital in labor and thats when they found out the baby was gone. She was only 36 weeks and the baby probably died 2-3 days prior to the onset of labor. The way you describe feeling is the way she felt the day before labor started. I'm so sorry you are going through this mama.
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

October 11th, 2009, 07:38 PM
littlebeansmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
About position.....from what I understand, since these little ones are so tiny yet, it doesn't quite matter. I know that my DS was a frank breech presentation. DH said he came out backside first, with his feet up over his head. He was so tiny it didn't really matter, once I dialated to a point where he could come, he just came. I'm not sure how it works if they are transverse, maybe the contractions move the baby into a position suitable for birth? I don't know, it's just a thought.
DS #1:

My precious angel DS#2:

My rainbow DS#3:

My Princess #4:
October 11th, 2009, 07:42 PM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
I didn't. After the doctor couldn't detect Noah's heartbeat, he sent me to L&D. They put a fetal heart monitor on me to monitor Julia's heartbeat and a monitor for contractions. The nurses all said I was contracting throughout the night, but I never really felt anything.

Noah and Julia were delivered via C-section the next morning.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
October 11th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Well I think I am contracting...I'm not sure how long she's been gone, so I guess it's possible...The last recorded movement was September 30 (I wrote about it on facebook) I was also in alot of pain that day...I wish I would of known...I hope I don't go into labor, I really want to wait till tomorrow night and tuesday to deliver so I can have my doctor do it.

October 11th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I went into labor on my own. I had a doctor appointment on Jul 7, and everything was fine. On Jul 11th, I noticed some discharge like you described. And in the morning on July 12th I started having cramping went eventually turned into contractions. At noon we got to the hospital, where we got the terrible news. The doctor said that he died sometime around July 9th or the 10th. I think he died at night on July 8th.
When I was 8 month pregnant my doctor said the he was in a transverse position. And if he doesn't flip by the due date he would do a c-section. It could be different for you though.

October 11th, 2009, 11:21 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
no i didnt i was induced, it happened quite quick thou

October 12th, 2009, 06:10 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
I did go into labor myself, but had no clue. My twins were my first and I had no clue what labor was. I was having some discharge and back pains. The discharge felt like I would release some urine, just enough to dampen my panties. Also, it felt like I had to have a BM, but what it was really was my body telling me to push and the back pains were contractions that got worse through out the day. I really wish I had known more at that time.

October 12th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I didn't go into labor on my own, but I think I was getting ready to as well. I was 38 weeks, so it would have been totally normal. She dropped Sunday morning and I was crampy with a lot of discharge all day, with horrible cervix pains. I felt her moving all day, but still sort of felt something was wrong but couldn't specifically say what. The next morning when I woke up I couldn't get her to move. And she was high again and everything else had stopped, no cramping, no cervix pains, my stomach wasn't even hard. We confirmed it Monday afternoon and I was induced Tuesday morning.

October 12th, 2009, 08:44 AM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did but it was due to a subchorionic bleed and a full abruption. I know Clark was alive at 9:30pm on July 9th but when I got to the hospital at 3:00am on July 10th he was gone.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

October 12th, 2009, 10:33 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I was induced but had already started to dilate on my own, so we didn't have to use laminaria.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

October 12th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Super Moderator
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
I never left the hospital after she passed away - they induced me

My Kiddos
Chloe (14),
Benjamin (9)
Logan (6), Kaitlin (3)

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
October 13th, 2009, 12:14 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't. I was 25 weeks when I had him but he had been dead for a week. I was not dilated at all or anything before they induced me. And the only thing that felt different was his "dead weight" shifting instead of movement.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
October 13th, 2009, 12:47 PM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
I had to be induced as I was overdue - 41 weeks and 4 days I think

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search