People at Bill's work Don't Even Remember Roald is Dead....Come on!!!!

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2009, 02:16 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay so most of you know Bill has been having issues the last year (well, we know that now). It started 10 days after Roald was born. I remember he was really dreading going back to work and he said it was pretty much as bad as he thought it was going to be. I had been alone when I had the emergency ultrasound but called him at work right after and he left and didn't go back 'til Tuesday (I called him Thursday afternoon). So his boss told some people what happened but some people had to ask Bill.

Anyways...I remembe rhis job sent us a fruit basket and stuff. Well he had left that job in Feb but went back to it in July so since July we've been inuninsured until...today. I guess when he was talking to a guy (who he is sort of friends with even) at work the guy asked him who all was on his insurance "you, your wife, your baby?" He thought he meant his 10-year-old son but the guy said no, the one who should be a year old. ***???

Then another guy my husband talks to at work asked him about a month ago "so how is your baby son doing?"

When Bill told me he didn't even correct them I was like "why?" I guess he did eventually say something to the guy who asked how the baby was doing because he brought it up again and he said the guy reacted like he was so ashamed. Well...poor guy. DH should have told him the first time really. I could not pretend Roald was alive like that if someone asked me that. And Bill says these are guys who were told what happened last year. Like what they just forget the baby died??? That's so weird.

I feel bad DH had to go through that. I mean that's no excuse for his behavior, etc. and I still think he shouldn't pretend like it didn't happen (um...I'm thinking this is a big issue and plays a big role in the problems he has had this past year) but I still feel horrible here he is Roald's dad and people "forget" Roald was stillborn.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
October 13th, 2009, 02:45 PM
noworries
That's terrible that people at his work just forgot. I don't understand that.
He may have just been so shocked by the question that he didn't correct the guy who asked.
October 13th, 2009, 03:16 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, weird for sure.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
October 13th, 2009, 07:21 PM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
Oh.My.Gawd. They "forgot" that Roald was stillborn.

An angel baby is not something to be forgotten, and I'm sorry that Bill works with such ignorants. How does one forget something like this?? I guess because it's not something that I would forget, I find it hard to believe other people would (or even could).

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
October 13th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Proud Momma
wow. unbelievable. that's absolutely crazy that people could just "forget" something like that.
October 13th, 2009, 11:33 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
shocking! when we lost jessica all the men thought she was just a m/c lee had to correct them all cause he see's m/c differently cause i birthed jessica and he held her he was angry when they said m/c he had a hard time at work and would often come home upset.

October 14th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Maybe, he was just shocked and the question came very unexpected almost a year later, so he didn't know how to react and didn't correct them. It is so hard to tell the truth sometime when you least expect a question about this. I can certaintly relate to this. When I came back to work I thought that my boss told everyone that I deal with about this. He only told my group. So I was shocked that some people came up to me and asked how my baby was. I told everyone what happened except this one guy who I don't really know that well and who asked the question at a very unexpected moment. So I didn't correct him either. Sometimes I just cannot control it, it was just easier not to tell the truth at that moment.

October 14th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Wow, I agree, who forgets something like that? They can remember that you were pregnant but not that he was stillborn? That just astounds me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search