Ultrasound Scare (preg mentioned)

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2009, 12:17 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh man today at our ultrasound we saw the heart beating but Vera wasn't moving. The tech kept jiggling my belly around and Vera would NOT move. Then she said she needed to see movement and the diaphragm (sp) moving and everytime she moved the wand away from the heart I was flipping out inside. I began thinking terrible things...thinking they were going to send us to the hospital...thinking thank God we have insurance now at least if I have to have her....I was losing the ability to breath....tears were welling...I began taking my left arm out from underneath my head to reach for Bill's hand...I was glad that Bill was with me this time if something was wrong (I was alone at Roald's death ultrasound)...I even thought about how I ALWAYS take a shower before appointments...even if I had one the night before. I had NOT taken one the day we found out Roald was dead. And guess what? We woke up super late today (Bill has been working 3 PM to 3 AM and our U/S was at 1 PM but we were up late last night...) so I did not have time to shower first.

I wanted to start ng at her "Stop it! We have to go now if there is something wrong! Her heart is beating and she is 34 weeks, she has a chance! Stop messing around here!"

She left the room to get the buzzer. She came back and buzzed a couple times then we got some movement and practice breathing. She didn't even do measurements (besides amniotic fluid) and then said she was done and that Vera got an 8 out of 8. No measurements. No weight guestimate. I was peeved. And I was also so freaking scared lying there. So I feel better now. But those moments of no movement sent terrible flashbacks and shock waves through me. I just had to tell somebody how scary it was and I know you girls would understand.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
October 16th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Proud Momma
ugh, that would've been so scary. Glad that Vera started moving around at the end.
October 16th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Patrick did that to me a couple times. I don't think you can understand how that feels until you're sitting there. I'm so sorry that Vera did that to you. She was just sleeping!

Has your heart rate settled yet?

October 16th, 2009, 12:51 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
keeley did this too it was so scary, im so happy that shes ok hugs bonnie

October 16th, 2009, 01:03 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((hugs)))

I am so annoyed that they didn't do any measurements though..boo!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
October 16th, 2009, 02:23 PM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
Gawd Bonnie --- my heart was pounding and I got a little dizzy reading your story. THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vera is doing ok.

Holy crap, that must've been so scary!!! I need to stop my heart from pounding now

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
October 17th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Veteran
so glad that things are ok but I think they should have done measurements too. when I was pregnant for Evan they not once gave me a estimate of how big he was I was peeved also..

So glad things are ok though.

((hugs))

][/url]
October 18th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad that she started moving. My last 2 did that a few times and it was scary.

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

October 18th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Super Mommy
So happy she is ok! I bet that was scary.

It's kinda like looking at your cervix trying to open on US at 21 weeks, with the cerclage.

October 19th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This is very scary. I'm sorry you have to go thru this. Glad everything is fine though.

October 19th, 2009, 01:55 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think this isn't that unheard of I guess. But I didn't really know whether or not it was, so at the time I was flipping out inside. But thanks for listening anyways.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search