I need help finding an urn

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2009, 01:02 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just got all the paperwork from the funeral home...They sent me a catalog of urns and I hate them...I've looked online, and I just can't find anything I like...I was just wondering if anyone knew of a site that has good infant urns...I want to get one ordered soon so she can be put in it ASAP...thanks!

October 17th, 2009, 02:24 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I cn't help with this one. We still have Colm in the original box from the crematorium. Since that can be x-rayed I can take it on a plane with us if we go overseas. So it is another thing that will wait until later. When we get to our forever home we might get him an urn, or we will bury him there.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
October 17th, 2009, 02:32 PM
I called the funeral home and they said that they have more choices there...I'm probably going in Monday to do that and have them help me with the paperwork they sent me today...They are waiting on the death certificate from my doctor, and then they have to send something to the health department in order to cremate her...They already got her from the hospital though, which I'm glad about...I found and urn I like online, but it's almost 300$, I saved it though and if I can't find anything I might order that...I'm not planning on having her buried, so I want something nice to keep her in forever.

October 17th, 2009, 04:36 PM
I don't blame you, eventually we will probably buy a nice urn. For now though if I get orders to move out of the country I will need to be able to take him with me. There are rules on what you can and can not bring on the plane.

It is okay though because his memory box is big enough to fit his cremains in, so it works for now.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
October 17th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Patina with Dove Bronze Cube Cremation Urn

Oh, I really like this one! Colm means dove, so it would be perfect for him.

Sail Back to Me
October 17th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
This is my Cora's:

I wasn't ever planning on keeping her ashes though, we had from the first moment planned on spreading them someplace special. But I still wanted the urn to be special. I thought this one was pretty (it's actually right now filled with gravel from the lakebed of the lake we spread her ashes on), and it fit with some of my other display pieces so it wouldn't "shout" at people. So her picture would be the more focus. We bought it right at the funeral home, and it was actually only $40. So definitely take a look at what they have to offer.

October 17th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Proud Momma
Sorry, can't help you with any websites, but I'm with you that we didn't like any of the urns at the funeral home either. So we went a different way and found this little heart-shaped jewelry box.

There's lots of fingerprints on it, but you get the idea.

Last edited by LaLaLa1; October 17th, 2009 at 07:38 PM.
October 17th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Super Mommy
Google Image Result for http://inthelighturns.com/catalog/images/01444.jpg

That one above was $156 or something. This next link I clicked on the wooden urn with blocks carved on it and it was $99, an extra $40 for personalization.

Google Image Result for http://www.urnsnw.com/child-urn/images/building-blocks-cultured-sm.jpg

It breaks my heart that you have to do this.
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

October 17th, 2009, 10:35 PM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is Clark's urn. I know we didn't pay much for it. We got it from Aspen Mortuary (we are in California, they ship)

Children's Cremation Urns from Aspen Mortuary and Funeral Home in Lincoln Nebraska

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

Last edited by AliciaF; October 17th, 2009 at 10:37 PM.
October 18th, 2009, 08:16 PM
noworries
I still haven't found one that we like yet. We bough a cheap one ($30) from the cremation place and that is what we have his ashes in for now until we can find the one that we really want.
October 18th, 2009, 09:33 PM
TanyaM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our son's ashes are in a picture frame urn. It was one that they had at the funeral home and I love it because I am able to have it out and no one needs to know unless I tell them.
Here's a pic of it:

October 19th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Catherine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I HATE that I know this...

LINK

LINK#2
October 19th, 2009, 11:53 AM
thanks for the links...I'm going to make a decison tonight when my husband gets home...They still didn't have any I liked, so I am going to order online....They said that her cremation should be done by the end of the week, and I am think her service will be next week so I just need to order something soon.

October 19th, 2009, 03:35 PM
You can wait to order it. Find something you really like. THe will put her cremains in a bag, and that bag will go in a box. THe box that Colm's cremains are in is just a plain black plastic box.

Find what you like, and then you can transfer her cremains after. I know it seems odd, but it is better, I think, to find something you love. If you don't then you may feel like you settled just because you were rushed, and you don't need to be AT all.

Sail Back to Me
October 19th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I totally agree with that. If you find something perfect GREAT, if you don't, it's not like they don't have something they can put the ashes in until you DO find something great. It won't be an insult to Ella, since finding the perfect urn is really for you anyway. It would be better for you emotionally to wait and find what you want than rush and settle and be unhappy with your choice later.

October 19th, 2009, 11:47 PM
sarahp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Choosing a baby urn is the saddest thing in the world

This is the one that we chose - simple, but elegant

My Friend Teddy Bear Cremation Urn

And we got it personalised - image2007_09_19_15_10_57

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search