Problems

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2009, 08:19 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So yesterday I started to bleed really heavy (sorry if TMI)...I was told that my bleeding shouldn't be as bad since I was only 22 weeks when I had Ella...I usually bleed pretty bad after I give birth...So after the bleeding started I also got really bad cramps too...While I was getting a loaf of bread out of the freezer in the garage I swear It felt like I gave birth to something (Sorry TMI)...I ran to the bathroom and it looked like I passed a big peice of placenta...My doctor had a hard time getting all my placenta out and he had to use some tool to get peices out...I'm not sure if I still have some in, but i'm still bleeding and have some abdomnial pain...Do you all think I should call or wait for it to pass on it's own? I'm also having HORRIBLE night sweats, which i know is normal...It wouldn't be so bad going threw all this, if I had a sweet baby in my arms, but it's not fair that we loose our babies and still have to go threw all the bad stuff with nothing to show for it ...I also just got a call from my thyroid doctor and they need to raise my synthroid to 150mcg.

October 20th, 2009, 08:24 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had as much bleeding and more clots, even one that didn't look like a clot, I really thought it was placenta. I bled for a shorter period of time after, but while I was bleeding it was very heavy.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
October 20th, 2009, 09:23 AM
noworries
I can't help with this one. My bleeding wasn't too bad and only lasted about 2.5 weeks. I say if you're concerned, it wouldn't hurt to put a call in to your doctor. And you're right, it sucks that we have to go through all this and we don't have a baby at home to show for it.
October 20th, 2009, 09:43 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My bleeding has slowed a lot since last night, so I think I'll wait to see what it does...I have an appointment next week, I just really don't want them to tell me to come in or anything...I haven't been in since the dreadful day, I just can't do it yet.

October 20th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would just call and just talk to the doctor. I know it's hard to go back. Even though I got the terrible news at the hospital, I had a really hard time when I came back for my 6 week check up at the OB office.
I know what you mean about having to go thru all the pain and having a live baby. I hate to look at my big belly which I still have after 3 months. But I would care less if I had Eric here with me.

October 20th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Calling never hurts. But if it slowed down, then it may just be that you needed to pass that before it could slow down (especially if it was a remnant of placenta).

Going back to the OB's office is hell. I'm sorry honey.

October 20th, 2009, 11:29 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was 25 weeks and bled moderately for exactly 2 weeks afterward. The only pain I experienced was major cramping for the first 24 hours or so after birth. But then again my placenta came out completely intact.

I would say if the pain is very uncomfortable and especially if you feel sick or anything that you should at least call the doctor. But I don't know...maybe it's normal or not uncommon?

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
October 20th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Proud Momma
It might be a good idea to call your Dr. When I gave birth to Katrina (I was basically the same week as you) it was really, really hard for me to pass the placenta. It took me FOUR hours of pushing and pushing to get it out - time I could have been spending holding Katrina.

Anyway, because it took me so long and because I was only 22ish weeks, they said there may be more bleeding than someone who was full term. When I finally got the placenta out, the Dr. did a very thorough check of it to make sure the whole thing was there. She thought there was a bit missing, but not too much. They told me to go immediately to ER if I started passing big blood clots. Thankfully I didn't.......but it may just be a good idea for you to check it out since you are having large clots.

And no, it's not at all fair that we had to go through all this and didn't have our beautiful babies to show for it. I was very, very, very bitter when my milk came in, when I bled like crazy, etc.
October 20th, 2009, 02:28 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I hemorrhaged 5 days after Ethan was born and had to have a D&C, but the bleeding only increased, it definitely didn't get better on it's own. The bleeding you are having may be normal, but I would definitely call the doctor to be sure.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

October 20th, 2009, 05:52 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would call and speak to the doctor.... it's probably normal, but it might not be. :/

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search