Could it be an evap? (possible pregnancy mentioned)

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2009, 07:21 AM
noworries
My DH is convinced that the line on the test is just an evap or something and now I am starting to think there is a possibility that it is. It did take a few minutes longer than the time on the box but it was still there before 10 minutes. So, what do you all think?

October 23rd, 2009, 07:30 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Looks positive to me. Not sure about on blue dye tests, but evaps usually don't have any color, and that is definitely blue, and it's definitely visible.

Is a positive a good thing? (I can't remember if you were actually TTC right now or not)

So I'm going to say CONGRATS!

edited to add: That's why my bfp for Cora looked like.

October 23rd, 2009, 07:34 AM
noworries
A positive would be a good thing if I knew that the CMV was no longer in my system. CMV (cytomegalovirus) was the actual cause of death for Eli. I should find out in probably a week or so if I still have it or not and if I do then I definitely don't want to be pregnant. But, it looks like it might be too late for that at this point.
October 23rd, 2009, 07:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
For some reason, I cannot really see the pictures too well. But if you are pregnant, congratulations to you! Hopefully, the virus is out of your system already.

October 23rd, 2009, 07:53 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Well, I'm hoping that it's out of your system then!! Thoughts and prayers to you for the next week!

October 23rd, 2009, 08:09 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it's so hard to say with those blue dye tests...I took one once and it showed a line, but it was an evap...Can you test with FRER?

October 23rd, 2009, 08:14 AM
noworries
Yeah, I think I am going to go buy some FRER's today and test again. I'm really scared.
October 23rd, 2009, 09:05 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck and KUP!

October 23rd, 2009, 09:22 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Carrie, I researched CMV after you mentioned it being the cause of Eli's death. My understanding is that it is like other herpes viruses (such as chicken pox) and you are infected for life. You can have a succesful pregnancy without complications though becuase most problems associated with it are if you have your initial infection during pregnancy. Once you have it thought your blood will always show up as you being infected. The important thing is whether or not you are having a flair-up or not.

I really feel bad relaying this information because I don't want to make you worry more, but I felt that you have the right to know.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
October 23rd, 2009, 09:26 AM
noworries
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg76 View Post
Carrie, I researched CMV after you mentioned it being the cause of Eli's death. My understanding is that it is like other herpes viruses (such as chicken pox) and you are infected for life. You can have a succesful pregnancy without complications though becuase most problems associated with it are if you have your initial infection during pregnancy. Once you have it thought your blood will always show up as you being infected. The important thing is whether or not you are having a flair-up or not.

I really feel bad relaying this information because I don't want to make you worry more, but I felt that you have the right to know.
You are correct, you have it for life but once you have it the first time, your bodies builds up antibodies that make you more immune to it. So, they are testing my blood to see if those antibodies are there or not and to see how strong the CMV is. If the tests come back showing the CMV being weak that is a good thing and will mean that I have a much lower risk of having it cause problems in pregnancy.
October 23rd, 2009, 09:30 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
okay, that makes sense

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search