It never ends

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2009, 06:09 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So my sister called the funeral home for me this evening...They told me monday that I would hear from them by the end of the week....I guess what happend was the death certificate wasn't filled out correctly, and they just late today got the permit to cremate...My sister told them that they should of called me, and they said they were sorry...I really don't like this woman they have in charge of us, she was very unkind on monday when I went in...My husband is furious and wants to call and talk to whoever is in charge...I don't know why they are treating this like it's nothing and us like crap...Maybe they think because she was a stillborn that it doesn't mean as much? I don't know but i'm furious.

October 23rd, 2009, 07:57 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm really surprised how very often people in that line of work have no sensitivity whatsoever. Maybe it's because they deal with this sort of thing all the time. I doubt it's specifically you are Ella, I'm sure she's like that to everyone (which doesn't make it any better on her end, but at least it's not YOU).

I'm glad they've finally got the permit though. It'll be over soon

October 24th, 2009, 08:42 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((hugs)))

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
October 24th, 2009, 10:00 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I asked my MIL if they wanted to see a picture of the baby and she basically told me no...I shouldn't of even asked, but she keeps emailing asking how we are doing...My husband's sister had a baby girl stillborn about 6 years ago, she was about as far along as me....I feel like we are being compared to how his sister handled it...We were never told about what happend till after I had my last daughter (we were pregnant at the same time)...His family pretty much has never talked about it...I guess i'm kind of upset that his mom didn't want to see a picture of the baby...Except for the fact that her skin is dark, she looks just like a normal preterm baby to me...Am I just seeing her differently?...I'm not going to email his mom anymore about this because honestly that really hurts that she doesn't want to see her pictures...My mom came to the hospital and held her.

October 24th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I thought she looked so perfect, just small (and the skin color was off, like it is with babies born at that gestation). I don't think you were seeing her differently. I'm sorry that his family's previous experience is making them react that way to you. Like we've said before, do what YOU need to do. Each person reacts differently to grief, so it's unfair of them to think that what she did is what you "should" do.

I think I'd probably stop emailing her too. I have had to stop talking to my dad about Cora because he makes me angry every time it comes up.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search