Coming up on 1 year... I need some ideas....

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2009, 09:05 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
Dh and I were discussing the girls one year Angelversary and we just don't know what to do. We were considering going out to eat somewhere with family, but that doesn't seem like it does anything for the girls. We want to do something for them, and we just don't know what. We talked about a balloon release, but it upsets me to think about the balloons when they run out of helium. Who knows where they will land and what if an animal eats it and dies? It kind of upset me cause I think it's a great idea, but I worry about animals eating the balloons. (I know, I'm weird) I also mentioned a little service, something we could do at home. Have a Justice of the Peace come to say a few words, read a few poems then we can go out to eat, but I just don't know. We had the girls cremated so we would do something at home for them.

I was wondering what you ladies had in mind?

Thanks in advance for your help.

October 26th, 2009, 09:10 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
what about a family dinner at home/service where everyone can celebrate them? I'm not very much help, but I hope you come up with a great idea!

October 26th, 2009, 09:15 AM
noworries
How about writing a letter to the girls to let them know how much you love them and how they have changed your life?
October 26th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Aeterna's Avatar Super Speshil
We're going to release balloons and make a cake or cupcakes. Maybe both. I also plan to write him a letter.

October 26th, 2009, 10:05 AM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
Wow, I really like the idea of writing letters! Maybe have a special place to put these letters so that every year, on their birthdays, you add a new letter to the box? Or keep a special journal where you write them this letter?

(((HUGS))) to you, Steph. I know this must be a pretty emotional time for you

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
October 26th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will be probably asking the same question in about 9 months from now. But I really love the idea of writing the letters and keeping them in a special box.

October 26th, 2009, 01:06 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
or you could plant something? a tree maybe

October 26th, 2009, 01:34 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmm. Roald's birthday is coming up to and I feel just as antsy and unsure of exactly what to do. I think writing a letter is defnitely a good idea. I would also suggest fidning something that you can get every year. You could buy a different item for every one of their birthdays or sort of a series. For instance I got the For Baby caboose figure to the Precious moments Birthday Train figure set last year. So of course this year I will get the age 1 figure and add it. I have this on his memorial shelf. You could do something similar. Get a figure or toy (or plural, if you're getting 2 of each)? If you can afford it and it can be done for around that time maybe even something personalized with their names every year? Remember that beautiful train Nat got for Devin's first birthday with his name on it? I planned aon getting a boy angel figure with Roald's name on the base but I have to wait for Christmas time to get it, I can't afford it by his birthday

Maybe even stuffed animals of some type and have a ribbon with their names or two animals each with a ribbon with their name sewn into it?

I think a balloon release is always so nice but if it bothers you that much about where they end up I wouldn't force yourself to do it. Maybe instead, have people write messages on balloons like they do for a release, then have everyone light 2 small candles each before the dinner or after it or during the service. Then after everyone leaves you can deflate the balloons and keep them as keepsakes?

I don't know. Just a few ideas.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
October 26th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
For Cora's birthday this year I bought a Shining Stars puppy and named a star for her International Star Registry: Name a Star | A Unique Gift for All Occasions - Buy a Star Name Today

I also have a stocking for her to put a letters in that I write on Christmas Eve, so I really like the letter idea too.

October 26th, 2009, 03:57 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Naming stars for them is a nice idea, we did it for Ethan's EDD and we got a beatiful piece of star art to hang on our wall. You could also try a butterfly release, it can be a bit pricey but it's more environmentally friendly than balloons.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

October 26th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccabaltimore View Post
Naming stars for them is a nice idea, we did it for Ethan's EDD and we got a beatiful piece of star art to hang on our wall. You could also try a butterfly release, it can be a bit pricey but it's more environmentally friendly than balloons.
The only problem with butterfly releases is it needs to be warm. If it's too cold, the butterflies won't leave the boxes. Yeah...and it's expensive. That's why we didn't do a butterfly release for Cora's birthday.

October 26th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Proud Momma
to you Steph.

I was worried for the same reasons like you about the balloon release...that's why we didn't do it for Katrina's 1st angelversary either.

For Katrina's 1st angelversary in August, we did do a family gathering for dim sum in the morning and then we went over to visit her at the grave and took lots of balloons and flowers. We also put an In Memoriam in the newspaper with her cute little picture and a little something I wrote.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search