Death Certificate

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Veteran
We called to make an appointment with the funeral home for arrangements for Emma. We found out we are on hold, because no doctor wants to sign the death certificate, because she was born at home. Now, we have to wait for the Coroner to sign. I hate this delay, because we are ready to make arrangements.
Blog
October 26th, 2009, 10:10 AM
noworries
I am so sorry you are having to deal with all this crappy red tape. I hope the coroner doesn't keep you waiting long. HUGS
October 26th, 2009, 10:48 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry...We had problems with the death certificate too...Ella is just being cremated today almost 2 weeks after she was born...I hope it happens quickly for you because it is so hard waiting for it to happen.

October 26th, 2009, 12:19 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
oh no hun im so sorry

October 26th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Yeah, we had to have the coroner sign Cora's (state law required an examination of all bodies to be cremated because there is no possibility to exhume later if it is required), and he went on a 2 week vacation the day before Cora was born. It was really frustrating for me.

I hope that this issue is resolved quickly so you can move forward!

October 26th, 2009, 03:03 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I'm sorry that must be so hard. Ethan was born a few weeks to early to be eligible for a death certificate, so I was lucky to avoid the depressing red tape. Although it's hard that the state doesn't recognize him as a person, just an adverse pregnancy outcome

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

October 27th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Super Mommy
I'm so sorry this difficult situation is being made more difficult for you and your family. I guess I don't really understand what their issue is...and I'm sure you are going through so many thoughts right now. Don't let anyone make you feel at fault for your daughter's death because it seems that these are feelings the doc's may be inadvertantly pushing towards. Again, I'm so sorry you are going through this on top of missing your baby girl.
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search