I love/hate the holidays (living children mentioned)

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
This year is Erin's first year trick-or-treating. Now that she's really starting to understand what is happening with holiday traditions, it's really making me miss all the things I'll never get to share with Cora. What would Cora have wanted to dress up as this year? What would her favorite Thanksgiving food be? What would she think of Santa?

I LOVE that I get to share these things with Erin and Patrick. I just wish I could have with Cora too.

October 26th, 2009, 02:59 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
This year is my niece's first halloween, and it just made me think of Ethan. He would have been a little older than Patrick, and he would have looked really cute in a costume and he would have been old enough to notice the holiday. I have been thinking about it a lot, and I don't even celebrate halloween! Thanksgiving and Hanukkah are going to be rough.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

October 26th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Holidays are just hard. This is my 4th holiday season without Cora, and everyone expects me to be "over it" by now, but how can you not miss your child during a time of year that's SO focused on children and family?

October 26th, 2009, 04:31 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
aww i'm really sorry....I'm sure it's going to be that way for me next year because that's when it would of been Ella's first holidays...I love christmas, and usually by now we are watching christmas movies and planning for the holidays etc...My husband asked me about it yesterday, and i'm just not feeling it right now I guess...I hope that for the sake of my other kids I can feel a little better about it by then....I already know i'm going to be a mess on Valentines day (Ella's due date).

October 26th, 2009, 05:57 PM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
We had a neighborhood event here this past Saturday where the kids were encouraged to dress up in their costumes. While Julia is not going trick-or-treating yet, we did dress her up in a faerie outfit (pics on facebook, of course!) to this event.

Just a week earlier, we had gone to Toys R Us to get a birthday gift for someone and they had costumes hanging up. Mickey and Minnie Mouse. I nearly got choked up when I envisioned how awfully cute the twins would look dressed up as Mickey and Minnie Mouse.

Alas, Noah will never have that opportunity and in many ways, neither will Julia

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
October 26th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I know it's not the same, but your girls will be close in age...My girls were 16 months apart and I always dressed them alike, or in almost alike things...One year we did Dorothy and the lion for their Halloween costumes...I know it's going to be the same, but maybe that will help? I loved having 3 girls all pretty close in age and dressing them alike.

October 26th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Yeah, my two older brothers are 14 months apart and I'm 15 months younger then the next older brother and one we the 3 of us were Care Bears. Not the same as twins, but not impossible either.

I saw a woman with b/g twins the other day, Barb, and I thought of you and it made me a little sad.

October 27th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been really sad about this too. Even though, I don't think Eric would have gone trick-or-treating this Halloween yet but looking at all the cute infant costumes in the stores this season made me really really sad. Plus my sister told me that she will take her 9 month old to go trick-or-treating with my daughter which I think will be a bit painful for me.

October 27th, 2009, 09:51 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been feeling the same way lately.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
October 27th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh hun I know. <3 With Dominic and Tristans Bdays so close, they would have been roughly the same age and EVERY time we do something with Tristan it always hurts me that one of our boys is missing. I think about what he would be, what would be his favorite cartoon character, etc. Halloween is my FAV holiday and its bitter sweet, Dominic Bday is 10.19 and Tristan's is 11.01 and I am always torn. I am happy yet oh so sad. <3

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

October 27th, 2009, 04:34 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had planned on having a little squirrel costume made for Roald's first Halloween back when we would talk about it when I was pregnant with him. Which of course would have been this Halloween. I doubt I'll see any kids dressed up as squirrels but after we lost him last winter I went back to smoking cigarettes...ALOT of them the first couple months. I would go out back o nthe deck. There is a huge old tree in our backyard. There was a squirrel holding a nut one morning, very early. All throughout that day every time I looked out there or went out there....there was that squirrel! Holding a nut! lol. Bill and I joked he was lying to his family saying he was going to work then just sat in that tree all day and the nut was his lunch lol. We saw this squirrel do this day long routine a few times. It made me really sad. I want my little squirrel.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
October 27th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Proud Momma
yea...

this would've been Katrina's first halloween...oh how much fun it would've been to dress her up in a cute little costume ...and then there's Christmas. Although this would've been her 2nd Christmas had she made it full term, it's still very hard knowing she'll never get to celebrate it with us and we'll never get to celebrate it with her and watch her opening presents and taking pictures with Santa...

now I'm depressing myself
October 27th, 2009, 08:28 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh gosh Christmas is a whole other can of worms. I seriously felt a deep emptiness last Christmas. I definitely felt close to God and Roald but it's so painful just to feel close spiritually. I also struggle with this feeling that maybe the other mothers who believe in God do...It is very hard for me to realize that Roald is with God and so...well perfect. I guess because now that I am grown and have sinned I don't really truly remember what it is like to be so pure. And of course if he were here with me...he would be just a little baby (still pure but obviously not so spiritually intellectual). Not so learned as I am sure he is with the Lord. I am so happy for him but it is so hard to grasp being an earthly mother.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
October 28th, 2009, 06:08 AM
I agree with that Bonnie. It's hard to grasp. I truly believe it, but it's not as real to me because it's something I can't truly understand right now. *sigh*

October 28th, 2009, 08:40 AM
noworries
We're not real big on celebrating Halloween so it hasn't been overly difficult but I know that Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to be really difficult this year. Eli was due Dec. 4th but for some reason we were expecting him to be born around Thanksgiving (my daughter was 10 days early so I guess we just thought Eli would come a little early also). I've already told my family that Thanksgiving is going to be really hard and that I might need to leave early or just go to my parents house (we're celebrating at my sisters house and they live next door to my parents) to get away by myself for a little while.
October 28th, 2009, 08:57 AM
My niece is due December 10th...I'm so thankful that we aren't doing the holiday's together, because i'm sure by Thanksgiving that's all everyone is going to talk about, and by christmas she should have her baby....We are staying home for christmas this year and i'm so glad, because that would just be so depressing...I'm trying to be happy for her, but it's so hard when I feel like life isn't fair that my baby was taken away from me ....My mom wanted us to come over on Halloween to eat dinner....Well last night my sister came over and said my niece will probably be at my mom's house (not sure why), so now i'm not sure if i'm going to go over or not.

October 28th, 2009, 10:31 AM
That sort of makes me glad that I was the only one pregnant in my family at the time. I was pregnant with my best friend, so that's hard when I see her, but I don't see her as often as I do my family.

October 28th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Proud Momma
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganMomof4 View Post
My niece is due December 10th...
December 10th...that was Katrina's EDD in 2008
October 28th, 2009, 11:40 AM
aww i'm sorry, I didn't know or I wouldn't of said anything

I told my mom today that if she's going to be at her house that I don't think i'm going to go because that's all she talks about and my mom said "well that's normal for people that far along"...I felt like saying "well she could respect the fact that I just lost a baby and maybe not talk about it for an hour or two" but I didn't say anything because there's no point really

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search