Tomorrow (Friday) ... *pregnancy mentioned*

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Proud Momma
I am 20 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so ecstatic about being half way!!! Up until about 16 weeks this pregnancy was going SO fast...but these past few weeks seem to have gone really slow, so I really hope the next 20 weeks (or 22 if baby decides to be late) pick up speed again, because even though I'm halfway, I still have a LONG way to go...with a side of worry that unfortunately comes with these next few months.

Then there's the really scared part in me. Now that I'm in the "second half", I'm considered to be out of the "miscarriage"-termed category and well we all know the word used at this stage of a pregnancy if someone's baby doesn't make it (***Note: I'm not saying anyone who delivers their baby before 20 weeks isn't considered a stillbirth...but in "medical" terms they don't consider it until the 20 week mark). This really, really scares me. I know baby Sweet Pea is doing well and I do have a really good feeling that we will be bringing Sweet Pea home with us in March 2010 - healthy and alive...but gah, there's just still so much left in my pregnancy, that I can't help but be afraid.
October 29th, 2009, 09:37 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! I agree my pregnancy slowed down at around 17-18 weeks...I think the last 10 weeks are the longest.

October 30th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me

It's terrifying, it really is. I think my pregnancy with Erin was my "slowest" of the three. With Cora I had that innocence, and with Patrick I had a toddler to chase around and mostly keep my mind off things. You'll make it through though!

Congrats on making it to halfway!!

October 30th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! For me it was slow in the beginning, but starting in the 2nd trimester the pregnancy just flew by. Maybe because in the beginning I wasn't showing much, and I had no really other symptoms. Then the baby starts kicking and moving and me buying more maternity clothes, so it felt like it went much quicker.

October 30th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Super Mommy
Pregnancy is sort of backwards after you've had a stillbirth...instead of getting to a point and breathing a sigh of relief, you get to a point and start getting more nervous that something will happen. Its really not fair, but enjoy each moment! I'm so happy for you that sweet pea is growing well and is healthy! before you know it you will be driving around with a carseat in the back!
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

October 30th, 2009, 02:52 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The second trimester this pregnancy felt like 40 weeks to me. I was actually glad if you want to use that word after 20 weeks because I felt like if we did lose her too at least most people would consider her a baby...I was really in that scared phase because of her measurements being off around that time.

But once I hit the third trimester time started to pick up for me.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search