Depressing

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2009, 08:43 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since having Ella I've kind of let my bedroom go, it's a mess! I have clothes piled up that need to be put away, a tote of clothes I was going to sell on ebay, my suit case from the hosptial, and things lying around from even my stay in the hospital for my surgery etc...So I was feeling a little motivated and thought i'd organize and hang up clothes while I watch survivor....I opened one side my closet and forgot about all the baby things I have hanging up ...So of course I started to look threw them, some were bought just 2 days before I found out Ella was gone...I remember buying them and couldn't wait to put them on her, and I still wish I could ...My husband came in and I told him that I had forgotten about all her clothes hanging up and I asked what I should do with them and he told me to hang on to them...I don't want to get rid of them, but it's so sad to sit here and look at her things and then look the other way and see her Urn of ashes and know that i'll never physically have her, i'll never get to dress her up in all her cute clothes and little bows...I'm never going to hold her again....It makes me feel guilty that i've already thought about having another baby because really I just want her

October 30th, 2009, 05:56 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
That was really hard for me. I had her nursery all set up. Eventually it just became a storage area, a place to just put things and then shut the door.

Ella won't begrudge you the desire to want a baby you can hold. I did that same thing. I told my mom at one point, "I want a baby I can hold, but I don't want another baby, I want Cora back!"

October 30th, 2009, 01:40 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For some unknown reason I just could not stand our bedroom after we had Roald. We slept downstairs o nthe sofabed for 6 months after I had him.The only time we slept in our room was about 11 days after we had him by one friend who always comes over for Thanksgiving spent the night and slept on our couch so we went to bed super super late and passed out in our room. Otherwise our room went uncleaned and unslept in for 6 months.

I wouldn't have been able to get rid of his clothes either, I would keep them if I were you.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
October 30th, 2009, 02:52 PM
This may be a strange question...For those of you who had another baby after you lost one...Did you reuse the things you had bought for your baby? I know some things I wouldn't reuse, some special things, but is it weird to use things for a new baby that you bought for the one you lost?

November 1st, 2009, 09:27 PM
Mizz*Stewart's Avatar Super Mommy
Checking in on you Megan, but I can answer that one.... some things yes and some things no. The things that were very much specifically special to the lil one I lost are things I keep as special to him, and will never re-use or give away to another baby. Some things that were just random stuff, I will reuse. HUGS Hope you are doing as well as possible right now.
November 1st, 2009, 11:30 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum

I hadn't bought a lot of stuff before we found out Ceilidh wouldn't survive (we found out at 17 weeks) and once we found out I stopped buying 'general' baby stuff. I bought things that would be just for her, things that would be buried with her and things that we would keep in memory of her. I have the outfir she wore in hospital in her memory box, but all the few sleepsuits I had bought were kept and reused by all 4 of my other kids. I have kept hold of those, I could never part with them because they were bought for one child and worn by 4 others.
November 2nd, 2009, 09:00 AM
I have some special things for Ella, but I still look at all her clothes and think how it would be so hard to reuse them...I don't want to get rid of them, I guess it's just still early, maybe my mind will change in time and i'll want to reuse them.

November 2nd, 2009, 09:05 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I used everything. Mostly because when I bought them I imagined a baby in them. So it broke my heart NOT to ever put a baby in them. There are a couple outfits (like what would have been Cora's coming home outfit) that I hold in my heart as special to Cora, and told Erin they were Cora's, but I still put them on Erin. I thought of it like a gift to Erin from Cora.

And if I have another girl, she's also going to wear Cora's outfit, and Erin's too, as well as getting her own coming home outfit.

November 2nd, 2009, 02:44 PM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
I am planning on using everything I had for Alyssa for Tessa. I think of it as Alyssa's gift to her little sister.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search