I thought this was interesting!

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2009, 10:18 AM
Proud Momma
Jon and I went to a baby fair last weekend and we got a lot of pamphlets and free samples, etc. We were reading this one book that we got and it showed very briefly the different stages of pregnancy. At the 34 week mark it says "melanin is not being produced in the eyes yet, so all babies have blue eyes right now."

I found this interesting because one thing that really bothered us about losing Katrina (other than the obvious), is the fact that we'd never get to see her eyes open, let alone her eye colour. Because Jon is Chinese (with brown eyes) and I'm Caucasian (with blue eyes), the chances of our children having blue eyes is very, very rare, but Jon had always thought it would be so cool if one of our children took the recessive gene and ended up having blue eyes. So I know this isn't quite the same as taking the recessive gene, but I think we can safely say that even though we never got to see Katrina's eyes, she did have blue eyes under her closed eyelids at the time she was born

Yes, I'm weird, but little things like this can really make my day!
November 1st, 2009, 10:44 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
aww

That's something that bothered me about Ella, i'd never see her eyes open....With all my kids their eyes were dark blue when born and then lightened up...I have 2 kids with blue eyes and 2 with green (actually i'd say 2 1/2 green, one of my daughters has blueish greenish eyes)....I also have 2 blondes and 2 light browns, so I wanted to know what color hair Ella would of had.

November 1st, 2009, 11:45 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I always wondered if Ethan would have had red hair like his dad.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

November 1st, 2009, 12:04 PM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
I constantly wonder what eye color Alyssa was born with. DH has these amazing blue eyes and I have brownish green eyes...
November 2nd, 2009, 07:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was wondering that too about Eric. DH has grey eyes, I have green eyes, and my daughter has dark blue eyes.

November 2nd, 2009, 09:45 AM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
Well I am not so sure about that blue eye stuff. Because both of my precious preemies had Black eyes! The nurse told me all the early babies had black eyes. Genevive's were still black when she passed away. I envision her with brown eyes, because she looked so much like Alex when he was a baby. I put some links in case anyone is interested, but didn't want to post them directly in case someone doesn't want to see babies today.

First time Lillian opened her eyes: Umm, she looks like an alien, she needed time to grow into her eyeballs she was down to about a pound and a half here.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75...n/DSC05299.jpg

And Genevive's were the same, except she was a whopping 3 lb so she had more normal looking eyes.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75...e/DSC05777.jpg

Lillian started getting some color to them at around 36 weeks gestation, but for months after that it was a really odd hematite look to it, all glassy and shiny, She had awesome eyes.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75...n/DSC08723.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75...n/DSC09158.jpg

So in short, I would say those of you with preemies probably had special little black eyes.
November 2nd, 2009, 10:20 PM
lilflower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekatala View Post

So in short, I would say those of you with preemies probably had special little black eyes.
This is what I was told about my son at 28 weeks. That he would have had colorless eyes. And colorless is black... Your girls' eyes are so pretty!
November 2nd, 2009, 10:29 PM
Proud Momma
aw fooie, I really liked that whole blue eyes thing

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search