Christmas

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2009, 01:50 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First I wanted to say that I saw a house with a christmas tree up today! it's always the first house I see every year...I even told my husband on Halloween while the kids were trick or treating there that I bet she has her tree up within the week, and I saw it this morning!!!

Usually i'm a Christmas freak, I love it and make a big deal of it...I am looking forward to it this year, but it comes with alot of sadness...I don't want to make it a sad time, I have 4 other kids at home and we have so many traditions and things we do, so I can't let myself get down (That's what I keep telling myself)...Well any way, today I found the most perfect ornament for the tree for Ella...It's a bell, and the bottom of the bell is pink and says "baby's first christmas" and the top is an angels torso (It's clear glass) and the bell looks like her skirt...I saw it and fell in love...Everytime I see bell ornaments I think of "it's a wonderful life" when they say "every time a bell rings an Angel gets it's wings"...I'm so happy with this ornament, and I can't wait to put it on our tree every year and remember our sweet girl...I wish she was here with me, but since she can't be, I want to remember her...I have it sitting next to her Urn right now, and when I put my tree up i'm going to put it right in the front so I can look at it every day along with the other kids baby ornaments...I'll probably take a picture of it later and post it.

November 3rd, 2009, 01:53 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I have a set of bells for Cora for me tree. lol She also has a Christmas stocking for me to put a letter in on Christmas Eve (plus something small for the whole family).

The holidays are hard.

The ornament sounds beautiful. DO post a picture, I can't wait to see it!

November 3rd, 2009, 02:17 PM
noworries
I've been looking for the perfect Christmas ornament for Eli and haven't found it yet. Please do post a picture....it sounds like the perfect ornament for Ella.
November 3rd, 2009, 02:53 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not the best picture...It's hard to see where it says "baby's first christmas"...They actually had a whole section of baby ornaments...I almost bought a glass baby buggy, then I saw this and fell in love with it.

November 3rd, 2009, 03:56 PM
lilflower
That is a gorgeous ornament. I have one for Noah since this is the second christmas without him. I get one every year marking the time. But none of them have been bells. I think Ella's ornament is just beautiful.
November 3rd, 2009, 10:25 PM
Proud Momma
Last Christmas was VERY difficult for us because Katrina's due date was supposed to be December 10, 2008. We had no other children to enjoy Christmas with and watch open presents, so I was basically a miserable wreck the entire holiday season. I made her a little stocking, which helped keep me occupied and made me feel good about doing something special just for her. But it was still very tough. I had no interest in buying gifts for anyone, absolutely no interest in receiving any gifts - because the gifts we would have been getting would have all been for her. We do have some other ornaments for her, but I can't seem to find the pictures at the moment. We also bought a teeny tiny little christmas tree just for her - it's about 10inches high and so cute - and we put a few tiny ornaments on it!

We went to my aunt/uncle's house for Christmas dinner last year and I had to put on this *smile* in front of all my relatives the entire evening. It was so tough because all I kept thinking about was that Katrina should have been there. A few times, in fact, I had to go to the washroom and just cry it out.

I'm hoping that this year because I'm pregnant, it will be a bit easier to cope with the holiday season.

Here's a pic of the stocking I made for her:

Last edited by LaLaLa1; November 3rd, 2009 at 10:27 PM.
November 4th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's a beautiful ornament. I'm too sad about the upcoming holiday season. I had so many plans for the four of us to celebrate.... But I have to keep it together for the sake of my daughter 'cause she's really looking forward to it.

November 4th, 2009, 11:56 AM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
That's a very pretty ornament.

Thanksgiving was rough on me last year, but Christmas was even worse. I tried like mad to stay happy for the sake of Julia's 1st Christmas but at randome times throughout the day found it impossible to not break down and cry.

We didn't get Noah anything --- no stocking, no ornament, no gift, nothing. I couldn't bring myself to do it simply because I felt like I wanted & needed to be strong for Julia's 1st Christmas. It was the same for their birthday; nothing of remembrance for Noah simply because there was nothing I could do that wouldn't make me go into hysterics over his not being here.

I have no idea what to expect this Christmas in they way of emotions, since by then, we'll expect Pippi will be with us.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
November 4th, 2009, 12:45 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
love the ornament hun its beautiful

i have a jessica bauble for our tree

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search