Been thinking of something

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2009, 07:52 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure if I ever mentioned this...When Ella was born there was no water, and my water sack never broke...When I now look at her ultrasound picture it looks like there isn't alot of fluid...I'm not sure if it's just me over thinking or what...The week I found out she was gone I was very "wet" like having to change my underwear 4 or more times a day...I don't know if I had a slow leak or what? I just thought it was weird that my water never broke, but she was born with no water sack...Anyone ever hear of such a thing?

November 10th, 2009, 08:49 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My water never broke either, they opened the amniotic sac after he was born, but it felt like a water balloon coming out so I know it had fluid in it.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
November 10th, 2009, 09:33 PM
I remember the nurse calling the doctor when Ella had come out and said that there was no water...She was born when I was only 3cm and I coughed and thought my water broke, but it was her ...I don't know why it took me so long to remember that...I wish I had some answers already, it's been almost a month (4 weeks tomorrow)...I feel like I can't have any sort of peace till I know something.

November 10th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Proud Momma
Do you remember if at your u/s they told you if your amniotic fluid levels were normal?

I'm not really too sure...?

See now this worries me though because I always seem to have a wet spot in my undies...not enough that I have to change them, but there's something there. As embarrasing as it is, I'd like to just think I'm leaking urine. They did tell me at my u/s that my amniotic fluids were normal though.
November 10th, 2009, 10:12 PM
My doctor told me that my ultrasound was fine, no problems...I guess I keep trying to find something, anything...I was always more "wet" during pregnancy, but that last week I remember it being so bad...I wish I would of went ahead and make my 6 week PP check up, instead I chose not to...I have so many questions, but I also am just sick of dealing with doctors and problems etc...I told my husband that I just need a break till after the holiday's.

November 10th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Proud Momma
well I hope you get some answers soon.

Just a little something I just noticed not related to this topic. You lost your sweet Ella at 22w3d...that's exactly when I lost Katrina - 22w3d.
November 11th, 2009, 06:54 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
I wish I had some kind of answer to ease your mind a bit, but I don't. My Dr. broke my water sac and DH told me there was A LOT of water and to me it didn't feel like much at all. If you really need answers, you should at least call the Dr. and speak to him/her over the phone. Maybe they having some info to ease your thoughts till you go back.

November 11th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Steph, I think she passed away at 20 weeks, 22 weeks and 3 days was when she was born...I was 21 weeks and 3 days when I found out her heart had stopped...I don't know exactly when she passed away, so I just did it from when she was born (i'm not sure what people usually go by).

One thing I remembered last night, when the nurse called my doctor right after Ella was born she said the sac was in tact, but there was no fluid (I'm pretty sure that's what she said)...Ella was born in her water sack, but it was emtpy I assume...I need to ask my husband because he walked in right after she was born and she hadn't been moved...I was going to ask him last night, but didn't want to bring it up when he came to bed.

November 11th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
It could be possible you were leaking something. I know that when my water was broken each time it was a huge gush and I felt like I was a geyser (a gush with every contraction).

Stephanie, I get really wet/drippy when pregnant. I get a lot of watery discharge. So you should definitely ask about it at your next appointment, but that doesn't mean that there's anything wrong.

November 11th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Proud Momma
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganMomof4 View Post
Steph, I think she passed away at 20 weeks, 22 weeks and 3 days was when she was born...I was 21 weeks and 3 days when I found out her heart had stopped...I don't know exactly when she passed away, so I just did it from when she was born (i'm not sure what people usually go by).
Katrina passed away at 22w2d, so the day before. So she was also born at the same gestation as Ella. But I, and I think most people, tell others the day the Angel was born, not when they actually passed away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
Stephanie, I get really wet/drippy when pregnant. I get a lot of watery discharge. So you should definitely ask about it at your next appointment, but that doesn't mean that there's anything wrong.
Well I did ask my OB at my last app't (which was the day before my 1st big u/s at almost 19 weeks) and he said they would let me know at the u/s how my amniotic fluid levels were. At both of my u/s they said my levels were normal. My Dr. didn't seem to think it would be my amniotic fluid because it only happens every so often and it's not crazy amounts or anything. It's only sometimes that I notice the "wet" discharge. I'll ask my Dr. again this Monday.
November 11th, 2009, 11:49 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
It sounds like you had an amniotic fluid leak. The proximal cause of my son's death was anhydramnios - zero amniotic fluid. In his case, it was because his kidneys were dysplastic (very badly damaged) and did not take over producing amniotic fluid at 13 weeks. Ethan was born in has sac, but it had absolutely no fluid whatsoever. So I am very familiar with the topic of fluid levels in pregnancy. Amniotic fluid leaks are sometimes big gushes, but quite often they are a slow steady trickle.

There is sadly not much treatment available for amniotic fluid leaks and anhydramnios. Bedrest sometimes helps, but if the leak is early enough, nothing can be done. Without amniotic fluid the baby's lungs can never develop either (no hydrostatic pressure). Low fluid can sometimes be treated by bedrest and hydration, but leaks and especially anhydramnios do not end well. In my case, byt the time we discovered Ethan was in trouble, there was absolutely nothing that anyone could do to save him. Even early detection meant nothing - his birth defects were too severe to be compatible with life. That was so hard, hearing literally the best doctors in the world at the best hospital in the world tell us that nothing could be done to save our son.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

November 11th, 2009, 01:08 PM
I'm not sure if I did in fact have a leak that it was the cause of her death, I think it might of been after...When I think back to the ultrasounds I had the day they found out that she was gone, it looked so different, but I can't remember if I saw pockets of fluid or not (I was a mess obviously)...The 2nd ultrasound was so quick, she checked her heart, and did a couple of messurments and that was it...I'm not sure what else they saw...I wish I would of asked more questions while I was there...The only thing I noticed was how different Ella looked, and that the messurements were the same at 19 weeks (and she was messuring small then, about 18 weeks).

November 11th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Generally speaking, low/absent fluid is obvious on even a low quality u/s and it is generally the type of thing they mention, it's a rather big deal. While your symptoms sound like a fluid leak, I think they would have seen it and told you about it. It may have leaked during labor too.

November 11th, 2009, 03:09 PM
that's another thing...You know in labor how they usually put those blue pads under you? Well for most of my labor I didn't have one and my bed never got wet...I just worry that they haven't told me anything because it might of had something to do with my surgery, or caused by that or medications I took...Maybe i'm just being paranoid, but I worry they aren't telling me everything...When I got to the hospital I asked if they were going to do another ultrasound, or look for the heartbeat just to make sure and they looked at me like I was crazy they never did check one more time.

November 11th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Doctors may make mistakes, but I don't think they cover up things. That's why they have malpractice insurance. You could ask for a copy of your medical records. I can't remember, are you having an autopsy? I'm glad we had one for Ethan, I just wish it hadn't taken so long. They take forever, and the whole time we were waiting to hear if it was something genetic that could affect future children (it wasn't).

November 11th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Veteran
when I went to the hospital on August 16th 2009 because no fetal movement and they did the ultrasound and found out Evan had passed they had told me there was no amnotic fluid anymore..... I was 40 weeks and 1 day when I gave birth to Evan and when they broke the bag there was no fluid at all! The doctor told me that after Evan had passed that my body automatically started absorbing the fluids and that is why my hands and feet were so swollen.

][/url]
November 11th, 2009, 07:56 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it is very possible there was no fluid because of how long she had been dead.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
November 11th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the info! maybe that's why the nurse noted it to the doctor on the phone? I do think she was gone for at least 2 weeks before she was born.

Yes we did get an autopsy, still waiting I think the longer it's taking the more crazy i'm getting, thinking of every small detail of what happend...How long did it take for you all to get the results?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search