took the JM survey...

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
And nearly cried when it asked how many children I have and their ages.

I put two, less than a year and 2-4.

I should have two in the 2-4 category.

*sigh*

December 11th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Super Mommy
I hate this stuff. I told a recently pregnant friend about our stillbirth and that i'm prego again and we were just doing friendly chat about our pregnancies (its her first so i'm apparently her resource book judging by the # of facebook messages she's sent me in the last 48hrs lol) and then we were talking about if we wanted more kids and she asked if we wanted more than 2 or if this was our last.

I wanted to yell at her through the computer that I DO have more than 2, this is my THIRD!

But people who haven't had a loss don't get it. Our angels are still our children.
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

December 11th, 2009, 05:59 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I took the same survey...I put that I had 5 children, and then when it asked their ages, I put under 12 months or whatever for Ella.

I too have had to remind people that I have more than 4 children...How come people don't think of the stillborn babies as your children? My mom has mentioned a couple of times about my 4 kids (I don't even say anything to her anymore)...Yes I have 4 living children, but i've givin birth to 5 children...It's so frustrating...A couple weeks ago one of my cousins said something about me having 4 and I said "No I have 5" and she looked stunned and didn't know what to say.

December 11th, 2009, 07:22 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Hmm, my survey didn't ask how many kids I have, I guess since I said I was expecting it assumed I meant expecting my first.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

December 11th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Yeah, Rebecca, I clicked "parent"

December 12th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
I clicked 5, it's automatic with me!
December 12th, 2009, 07:11 AM
I don't know, for me since I know it's asking about living children, the honest part of me has to be honest. But I wanted to write in "but I have an angel too!"

December 12th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
I don't know, for me since I know it's asking about living children, the honest part of me has to be honest. But I wanted to write in "but I have an angel too!"
To be honest I never thought about it like that! I'm so used to saying/putting 5 kids, it was just automatic. I used to be hesitant, thinking how would others react etc, but I got to the stage of thinking to hell with it! So now It's just an automatic thing. With tha age ranges that were available Ceilidh fitted in with Elijah anyway
December 12th, 2009, 09:54 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who had trouble answering that question... It's the first time i've been asked so it was hard to decide what to answer but I put 2 anyways... Even when I'm 60... they'll think I'm crazy for having a newborn... hehehe

December 13th, 2009, 07:38 PM
I consider Cora ageless really. I don't picture her as a newborn, since she wouldn't be anymore, but it's hard for me to picture her at the age she would be now. I don't call her my "oldest" since she never aged. Erin's my oldest, while Cora was and is always my first.

I was talking to one of my church leaders today who has 3 kids very close in age (actually, within months of where my babies are) and someone asked him his kids' ages and then said "yep, just churning them out, as is the Mormon way."

I said, "lol, yep, I'm doing that too."

And he said "Oh that's right, because your first one would be the same age as my oldest, right?"

I was amazed that he not only remembered that I have an angel (because he's a man, and men don't pay attention), but remembered how old she'd be. Made me smile.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search