almost broke down at work

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Proud Momma
This lady came in my work today and she's one of our regulars, so we know her fairly well in a client sense, but due to some health issues with her husband, she hasn't been in in many months - probably since I was only about 2 months along in this pregnancy and not quite showing yet.

I stood up and since I'm pretty noticeably pregnant, I get a lot of "oooooh when are you due?". I knew she was going to ask, so then of course I prepared myself for the next question, "is this your first?" I told her, "no, this is my second" and left it at that (I only get into the whole Katrina being stillborn now if it comes up somehow or if they ask how old my first one is). She was so thrilled about my pregnancy and then asked what I have now and how old s/he is. So I told her, "my first daughter was stillborn in August 2008 actually."

She was SO heartbroken for me and I could tell she almost had tears welling her in eyes. She couldn't stop telling me how sorry she was to hear about my loss of Katrina and how it breaks her heart to have heard that. She's married to a pastor, so she's a very religious lady, so she kept telling me how she will be praying very hard for me that this baby comes into this world healthy and alive. I'm not a very religious person myself, but I do have faith and I do believe. It was very, very comforting, however, to hear someone tell me that she will be praying very hard for a healthy and safe arrival of my baby. It was VERY difficult not to break down into tears in front of her and my co-worker - partially due to just being able to talk about Katrina again (and seeing her beautiful little face in my mind) and partially due to her just giving me hope for the future and knowing that she will be praying for my beautiful Sweet Pea to make it into this world, safe and healthy.

The majority of my clients who I have told get so akward and change the subject SO unbelivably fast, but she was so comforting to me and I truly, truly appreciate the kind words she said to me. It truly is amazing how such simple words can give someone so much strength!
December 20th, 2009, 01:26 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
awww this is a nice post hun what a nice lady.

December 20th, 2009, 02:52 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is always nice ot have someone acknowledge your loss, and great that she is praying for you.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
December 21st, 2009, 08:15 AM
noworries
I'm glad you had a wonderful person brighten your day a little. It's awesome when things like that happen.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search