bittersweet emotions

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 25th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Proud Momma
My mom came over today to our house for Christmas dinner. I took her up to Sweet Pea's nursery and was showing her all the stuff in there and all the clothes we have for her and she loved it all, but then she looked a bit sad. She finally told me that when she was wrapping all the gifts for us last night - which, btw, were all gifts for Sweet Pea , she said she got a little emotional and had all these bittersweet emotions running through her.

A lot of the outfits she was giving to us this year she had originally purchased for Katrina last year. At first she didn't really know what to do with them and at first thought maybe she should just forget about them, but then she thought it over and decided to give them to us. She felt so sad knowing that Katrina never got to wear them, but at the same time was so happy to know that her newest granddaughter will soon be getting to wear them.

I almost started crying. I just told her, "let's just think of it that you're giving a gift from Katrina to her newest baby sister."
December 26th, 2009, 06:48 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is a beautiful sentiment, Steph. I'm sure Katrina is happy to have her new baby sister wear some of her clothes!!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
December 26th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Super Mommy
That is precisely the reason we chose to keep all the clothes we bought for Joey...it will give our babies a true chance at being a "big brother" or "big sister" to our new babies.
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

December 26th, 2009, 05:48 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Sometimes I go into the nursery (it's not quite a nursery yet but it's where we put the baby's things) and I take out all of the toys and blankets we bought/family bought for Ethan that we are giving to this baby and"show" them to this baby and tell him about his big brother.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

December 27th, 2009, 05:59 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
We still have some onesies that were purchased for the girls, they're mostly gender neutral and I will use them for our next baby and explain that they are a gift from their big sisters. I think it's a great idea.

December 27th, 2009, 07:46 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
SO sweet. We never really bought anything for Colm, so there isn't anything to passdown to a next baby.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search