mail

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2009, 03:13 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well now that my due date is coming up, I guess it's time to start getting all the baby things in the mail...Yesterday I got something about cord blood banking and today I got a newborn diaper from huggies

December 29th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I got a booklet from enfamil called "cuddling your one month old" on the DAY Cora would have been one month. Talk about a stab in the gut. I had to call them 3 times to get them to quit too.

I didn't sign up for anything with Erin and Patrick, just because getting those was so hard.

December 29th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Proud Momma
You know I had signed up for so many things when I was pregnant with Katrina, expecting to get them around her due date or soon after. In around Nov. 2008, I told Jon how in about that time or in about a month from then we would start getting things in the mail....only to keep reminding us that we don't have her with us and I wasn't really looking forward to it.

For some reason though, we got absolutely nothing! On one hand I was very happy because I didn't have to deal with all that stuff, but on the other hand it was almost like a slap in the face because it seemed that places out there had expected us not to be able to bring her home, if that makes any sense (yes, I know I'm reading into this waay too much). It's just weird how we got nothing (and no, Jon did not somehow tell all these places not to send anything because he had no idea where I put my name down, etc).
December 30th, 2009, 03:15 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
oh no hun thats just awful hugs x

December 30th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When I was pregnant with Eric, I signed up for something at the Motherhood Maternity store. For about a year now I keep getting babies things all the time. I just got a free diaper from Pampers in the six months old size....

December 30th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Mom 2 Avery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mom 2 Avery Send a message via Yahoo to Mom 2 Avery
I still get ads for children's life insurance...OF ALL THINGS!!!!

Keep your chin up, honey!!!
Hugs!
Dawna
December 30th, 2009, 03:07 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thanks everyone....I got a package from good start formula today....I bet I start getting things daily now ....Sorry i'm not very active on here, i'm just having a really hard time with things.

December 30th, 2009, 06:26 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Babies R Us sends me coupons every 2 weeks. Convenient NOW, but I cried every other Thursday like clockwork for 7 whole months. I also had a ViaCord representative call me at home maybe 2 months after he was born. I was stunned to say the least and told her that no we weren't interested. When she asked why not and went straight into her sales pitch I burst into tears and said "Because he was born dead!" She was really sorry she had pushed at that point. If I hadn't been a mess I would have asked for her supervisor.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

December 30th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Proud Momma
I was registered online on a baby site that would send me updates every single Thursday about the week I was in and how my baby looked / how big the baby was, etc. The day after we lost Katrina I tried canceling getting it sent to my email and it said it would be canceled, but for about 5 weeks thereafter and after me emailing them plenty of times to cancel it, I kept getting it. It was such a blow to me every Thursday when I would open my email and there it was: "baby's 25th week" or whatever. It drove me insane and I would cry every time I saw it in my inbox. UGH.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search