Do I belong here?

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Super Mommy
Hi! I am from the May 2010 DDC. I lost my baby, Cody Joseph, on December 9th. He was an Umbilical Cord Accident. I thought I was about 17 weeks along, but turns out I was closer to 20. He was born at 2:15 PM on Friday, December 11th after 24 hours of induced labor. He was beautiful. I am not sure if I belong here or on the pregnancy loss board....I just feel so lost.
DD#1 7
DD#2 4.5

Cody Joseph, born still at 20 weeks, December 11, 2009.
January 6th, 2010, 07:53 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
I'm so sorry for your loss. We welcome you with sadness and you can stay here if you like. The ladies are wonderful.

I'm Stephanie. I lost identical twin girls on 11-9-08 at 23 weeks gestation. I believe they had Twin to Twin Transfusion syndrome. The Dr.'s think other things. I also had a miscarriage in July.

January 6th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
If you feel like you belong here, then you do. I think since you went through labor and delivery, then it "counts." There are some other ladies here who were around that gestation, too.

I'm so sorry that you have to join us here.

My Cora died due to an umbilical cord accident too, at 38w1d. She was born May 2, 2006. I since have had two more beautiful babies, but it's still hard sometimes, and I miss her a lot all the time.

again. We're here for whatever you need.

January 6th, 2010, 08:23 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm so very sorry to hear about your loss

I had my baby girl October 14th, I was 22w 3d when she was born, but I was 21w 3d when I found out she was gone...I Think she passed away closer to 20 weeks...I still don't know the reasons for why she died, i'm still waiting on her autopsy report.

I hope you feel welcome to post here, this board has been a life saver for me...I really wish you didn't have to join us.

January 6th, 2010, 09:19 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I'm from your DDC. I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my son Ethan at 18 weeks. You have come to the right place, but I'm so sorry you have to be here.

When I lost Ethan, I felt lost too. A friend who aslo had a stillbirth recommended the book "Empty Cradle, Broken Heart" to me and it really helped me make sense of what was happening.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

January 6th, 2010, 09:39 AM
noworries
I am so sorry for your loss. You are more than welcome here. This is a great group of ladies. I lost my son, Eli, at 26 weeks on August 29, 2009.
January 6th, 2010, 10:11 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
of course u do hun, im so so sorry for your loss

im claire x

January 6th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Proud Momma
Again, I'm so sorry for your loss (I didn't see this one, so I responded in your other thread).
January 6th, 2010, 02:27 PM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry

I'm Alicia. My son Clark was born still at 20 weeks on July 10th 2008

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

January 6th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Super Mommy
So sorry to have to welcome you to our group. My name is Kathryn and my husband Tom and I had our son Joey stillborn on April 4, 2009...so 9 months ago now. We also have a 5.5yr old, Jamie. Joey was born at 40w2d after passing also from an umbilical cord accident.

I'm a teacher too but because I was full term I took full maternity leave of 6 weeks. I went back for 3wks and some students didn't know what had happened. It was awkward and sad and difficult and truly you will never be the same person you were before you had your baby, but one day you will be able to smile again...and you won't realize it until you wake up and think "I didn't cry yesterday!" Please share what you are comfortable and know we are here for you if you need us.
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

January 6th, 2010, 07:59 PM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
I am so sorry for your loss.
We lost our son during labour. I was 41 weeks +
It is very difficult to go through a loss of a child and will change you forever

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment
January 7th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sad welcome. I wish you wouldn't join us. I lost my baby boy Eric Jason in July 2009 at 39 weeks for reasons unknown to us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search