Bleeding doesn't stop...

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2010, 01:51 PM
bliss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't been on JM in a while - still trying to come to my senses after what has happened. I need your help, ladies. To sum up my story, my water broke in my sleep at 17.5 weeks and I delivered my beautiful baby boy in the hospital. Diagnosis - IC.

So it's been more than 7 weeks now, and I'm still bleeding from when it happened. In the hospital they told me to expect to bleed for 2 weeks, which I did, then it was getting lighter and lighter, to the point where I could call it spotting + lots of mucus... but it never stopped, and got heavier about a week ago.. some days I even have slight cramps - not as strong as period cramps, but I feel something. Also, weird thing is, I would bleed heavily bright red sometimes first half of the day, and then it turns into spotting for the night and I can even sleep without a pad. Then next day it repeats...

I called my doctor a few times and he says the same thing - after I get my first period, it should become normal again. But am I really supposed to bleed like this until I get the period? How will I distinguish this from AF? And when is this stupid AF gonna show her face? I feel like I will bleed forever and AF is never going to come. Did anyone have/heard of a similar experience? How long did you bleed for and when did your first AF come?

January 6th, 2010, 03:11 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did they have a hard time getting your placenta out after delivery? I know that my doctor had a hard time, and there were still peices in and he had to dig them out...My bleeding got really bad untill one day a peice of what I think was my placenta came out and after that it got better...Do you think it could be something like that? That just seems like an awful long time to bleed...I Think I did for 10 days and in the past when i've had full term babies I bled for the whole 6 weeks pp, but not this last time (I delivered at 22w 3d)....Sorry i'm not much help, that's the only thing that i can think of...I hope you get some answers soon...I'm really sorry about your baby boy.

January 6th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Thank you.

Getting the placenta wasn't easy, my dr had to push on my stomach for a few minutes till it hurt, but he claims it all came out.. I did have a big piece of tissue come out about 10 days pp, which I called in and they assured me that was fine.

I called him at 5 weeks pp, then at 7 weeks pp... he keeps saying the same thing - after the first AF it should get back to normal. I made an appt to see him in a few days, but not sure how that will help...

January 6th, 2010, 03:33 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The fact that it was almost finished and then came back, this current bleeding may be AF.

My first PP AF was VERY heavy, I thought I was gonig to bleed to death and it lasted about 8 days, much longer than it normally does.

It started at about 6.5 weeks.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 6th, 2010, 03:34 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah my doctor had to push on me really hard, I was crying in pain...It was actually more painful than the labor...He thought he got it out too, but it was coming out in peices, so he must of missed some...I really hope your bleeding stops....It's so hard going threw all that, everything like we would to have a baby, but we have no baby to show for it

January 6th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Yeah, I was wondering if this could be AF already, but the fact that I randomly bleed through the day, and sometimes only spot is telling me it's not AF. I usually have 7-8 day AF with 3-4 days of heavy bleeding...

It's true, when the dr was pushing on my stomach I thought it hurt more than labor itself, we have similar experiences.

January 6th, 2010, 05:29 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
My bleeding ended quickly, but I had had a D&C 5 days after he was born due to hemorrhaging. But my first AF was pretty heavy, I had always had light AFs so it was a big adjustment.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

January 6th, 2010, 07:50 PM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
I didn't get my AF until 12 weeks after.
Sometimes it takes awhile

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment
January 8th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I wanted to update you ladies on my bleeding. It seems my first AF is here, as the bleeding doesn't randomly start and stop anymore, it's more like medium/full flow all the time. I don't know when the first day of AF was, since I didn't stop bleeding after my loss at all, but I'm hoping 1-2 weeks from now I'll be done with all the bleeding for good. Please cross your fingers for me...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search