Fetal Doppler

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2010, 04:49 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wondering if any of you bought or rented dopplers for pregnancy's after your loss? I was just thinking ahead and looking around and thinking of buying one...Do they help ease your mind some?

January 8th, 2010, 06:41 PM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
I have one that I bought when I was pregnant with my girls. I don't know how well it will ease your mind though. Sorry.

January 8th, 2010, 07:08 PM
are they safe to use? I'm pretty sure i'm going to buy one, but only if they are safe.

January 8th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Mizz*Stewart's Avatar Super Mommy
They are safe, they run on sound waves. I used bella beats with my DS, my last pg. HTH

January 8th, 2010, 08:23 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I use one, but I had it when I was pregnant with Ethan. Despite all of his problems, his heartbeat was totally fine. But it was awesome after I had my car accident last month, just to check in on my little man.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

January 8th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I've never gotten one, for one reason: if for some reason I was home alone and I DIDN'T find the heartbeat....I don't know if I could emotionally handle that. The anxiety of not knowing is less for me.

January 8th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Proud Momma
I asked my OB and he said they're perfectly safe.

We didn't get a fetal doppler. Instead we got a Summer Infant Heart to Heart listening device thing. It works more like a microphone. We have heard her heart beat on it, but it is SO faint and you really have to search around to find the perfect spot. When I was around 23 weeks or so I had a nervous breakdown because we couldn't hear anything and I hadn't felt her kick for a while before that. I waited and waited and burst into tears because I was so freaked out. Finally late at night, after almost going to L&D, she started kicking. It was SO nervewracking. We've only used it a couple of times since then because I'm just way too nervous to use it. I told Jon I'll only use it when I know for sure she's kicking away at the same time.

They can offer a piece of mind, but on the other hand they can freak you out even more (doppler would probably be different than what we have though).
January 9th, 2010, 08:59 AM
I have one of those kind of heart things....I got it with my 3rd pregnancy on sale...I was never able to hear the heartbeat till the last trimester, and sometimes it was really hard to find....I never even tried to use it with Ella because I wasn't far enough along to hear anything.

January 9th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Aeterna's Avatar Super Speshil
I've had mine since my first pregnancy. I rented it and ended up keeping it so long that I paid it off.

Pax, Aeon

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search