3 months WWYD

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2010, 11:28 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So when I saw my doctor 2 weeks after Ella was born, he said that he would contact me as soon as he heard about the autopsy...Well here I am going on 3 months since her birth and I haven't heard anything...I just feel like i'm bothering people, what if he's busy etc (That's what goes threw my head)...I really want to call and ask about it, it's something that is always on my mind...Would you call? Or should I just keep waiting to hear from him?...I think i've asked this before, but I thought for sure he'd call me by now.

January 10th, 2010, 11:37 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I would call. It is not unusual for an autopsy to take 3 months, but it never hurts to check in on the progress.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

January 10th, 2010, 11:42 AM
I honestly don't know what to say on the phone....I guess I just worry that i'm going to break down...I kind of have a phone phobia.

January 10th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I have phone phobia, too. It's possible that in his business he might not have realized the results came in or something. A little reminder might do him good. And you aren't bothering him. Calling every day would be bothering him.

You know, talking to the nurse or receptionist you might even just say that you are waiting on test results. Your doctor will know you mean the autopsy, since you don't have anything else waiting, right? You don't have to spell it out to the person taking the message.

January 10th, 2010, 12:23 PM
yeah that's very true, thanks! I think i'll get myself worked up (I have to do that when it comes to making that sort of call) and do it this week...I think i'll do it on the 14th, exactly 3 months since she was born....I'm glad i'm not the only one with a phone phobia....I really have to get myself in a certain mood before I can make calls...I don't mind talking if someone calls me, I just hate calling other people (except for people I call all the time).

January 10th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Proud Momma
I'd call. But that's how I am. I'm always calling to find out results....most receptionists at my Dr's offices know me because I'm the girl who always calls.

They may not have it yet but it's worth a shot and if they do have it but just haven't had the time to get back to you on it, if you call, at least they'll know it's something you really need to know (which you would think it should be anyway).
January 10th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Oh my doctor knows that I need to know, he said that he understood and would call right away...Even if it was taking so long it seems like he would call me and let me know, or send a letter or something....I often wonder if they couldn't find anything since she was so far gone (Her body).

January 10th, 2010, 10:35 PM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
I would call.

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment
January 11th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Super Mommy
My Dr. had the cord problem results at my 2 week appt. He said he would call when the rest of the tests came back (if there was anything else) If he doesnt call me by 6 weeks, I'm calling him. I want to know!
DD#1 7
DD#2 4.5

Cody Joseph, born still at 20 weeks, December 11, 2009.
January 11th, 2010, 06:49 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
3 months is a long time and since you haven't called at all, WOW, you must have some strong patience. I would have called and so should you. Don't think you are bothering them cause you are not. Please KUP.

January 11th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would definately call. I understand that it's really difficult for you though. Do you think maybe your dh could do it for you?

January 11th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's been 4 1/2 months since we lost Declan and I haven't heard the autopsy results yet. They called just after Christmas to say that they had finally come in, and the earliest appointment they could get me to hear them is the 22nd of this month. It is common (so I am told) for autopsy results to take months to come back. All this aside, it can't hurt to call, although I hope your doctor does not have a Nurse Ratched like mine does. She got snippy with me and said "You're not the only one waiting on autopsy results, you know". Nice.

January 11th, 2010, 05:07 PM
wow, is that your OB's office? Luckily the nurse at my doctor's office is nice and I know her now after a couple of pregnancy's there...I thought they wouldn't take this long because at first they told me 2 weeks (In the hospital)...Is it normal for them to have you come in? I thought they'd just tell me over the phone...It might be too hard for me to return to the office if i'm not pregnant.

January 11th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would think that they prefer for you to come in so that they can explain the findings in some detail and gauge your reaction. When they say 'two weeks' they are referring to when the body will be released. The autopsy is over after two weeks, but not all of the findings will be in (some tests, including genetic tests, take several months for the results), also there is a clerical delay, so Nurse Ratched tells me. It takes some time for the findings to be typed into a computer and forwarded to all the necessary people. It is terrible that grieving people have to wait for such things, and it was after I shared this opinion with Nurse Ratched that she shared her (less than sensitive) opinion with me. I am not dealing with my OB anymore. Nurse Ratched works for my GP. If you do not want to go back to your OB (which is completely understandable) perhaps you could get your findings from your GP?

January 11th, 2010, 05:37 PM
my OB is the one that ordered the autopsy so my insurance would pay for it, so they are being sent to him...I have a GP, but I don't know him very well...I really didn't think it took that long....I might wait another month before calling then...I was hoping I would be pregnant by now and I'd just talk about it when I went in, oh well.

January 11th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, I would call. A little reminder never hurts. Good luck, hun.

January 12th, 2010, 12:08 AM
Proud Momma
Yea Megan, I would totally just call. It doesn't hurt just to get the status update of when they possibly think it could be in. They told us Katrina's would take anywhere from 3 - 6 months. But we got the results back by mid November, so about 3 months after losing her.

And wow, what a cow at your GPs office, Laurie. That's such a rude comment to say to someone who's grieving Yea there may be lots of people waiting for results but you think she could've been a bit nicer about it. geez.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search