When Katrina was born

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2010, 10:58 PM
Proud Momma
....it was as if she was pointing at herself. One of her hands was lying on her chest and her middle finger, ring finger, and pinky were all bent in, but her index finger and thumb were out and pointing up toward her chin.

I'll never forget just how adorable it was, but I'm so upset that I never got any photos of her with her hand like this. As soon as Jon and I held her (before we started taking pictures), I went to hold her teeny tiny hand and her other fingers opened up too.

She must have had her hand / fingers in that position immediately before she passed away
February 4th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I think we'll always regret the pictures we didn't think to take.

February 4th, 2010, 03:24 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, I think we do.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
February 4th, 2010, 08:05 PM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
I agree

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment
February 5th, 2010, 08:32 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Ethan was born with his hand over his heart We have pictures of that, but I really regret not having any pictures of me holding him and smiling.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

February 5th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccabaltimore View Post
Ethan was born with his hand over his heart We have pictures of that, but I really regret not having any pictures of me holding him and smiling.
I don't have any pictures of me smiling. I'm not sure I actually did smile. Makes me sad, she should have had a smiling mother at her birth. I also don't have any pictures of both me and Matt with her. He took all the pictures of me. The nurse took the picture of him (my hands were shaking too badly). But she didn't suggest one of the 3 of us, and I just didn't think about it. *sigh*

February 9th, 2010, 07:21 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I have tons of pics I wish I had now.

As far as smiling...I think that is a personal choice. I did not smile when we spent time wit hhim. I wouldn't have wanted a picture of me smiling. My IRL friend whose daughter was stillborn at 40 weeks ha sa photo hidden of her mother holding Savannah and smiling because she says it pisses her off so bad that her mom was smiling.

But I can also understand how some people say they want pics of them smiling.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
February 9th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Super Mommy
We wish we had pics of Joey with our parents. We have a cute one of Jamie and Joey (but only taken with dh's cell so its not great quality). We have a really nice one of the 4 of us...me laying in bed holding Joey and Tom and Jamie on either side of me. We are all smiling. We had waited so long to be that family of 4 and to be honest, even though he was dead...it made me happy to hold my baby and snuggle my big boy all at the same time.

The only thing I am really truly like can't get over is that our pictures this June will again be of a family of 4. It is heartbreaking everytime I think of that and because of it I think pics of Felicity will actually be harder to look at than pics of Joey. Because nobody was missing in our pics with Joey....
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search