Tiny moment of panic *pregnancy mentioned*

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Proud Momma
I had my 34w4d OB app't this morning and everything is going well. He's pretty sure she's breech, so I'm having an u/s next Friday to confirm this (and check the size of her head again too).

I had a tiny moment of panic though when he brought out the doppler to listen to her heart. He's usually talking away with me about things in my pregnancy, as he does and listens to her heart at the same time. I was lying there and he put the doppler on and at first it was just static. He lifted it and put it back and then he actually had to stop talking for a moment to try to search around to find it I got SO freaked out - even though I had just felt her move a few moments prior to that. Then he's like "oh there it is". OMG I nearly had a f*cking heart attack. He usually picks it up literally the second the doppler touches my stomach.

Sh*t, now I'm freaking out that what if this is a sign or premonition? Holy crap, tell me I'm just being a wacko. I am seriously losing it. I need these 5 weeks to go by really, really fast.
February 9th, 2010, 02:46 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
It's not a sign or a premonition. In addition to the fact that there is no scientific evidence that signs or premonitions actually exist, sometimes babies just aren't where doctors expect them to be. The trick they use to find the baby's chest/back is to find the hardest/firmest part of your abdomen, but at 34 weeks, pretty much your whole abdomen is firm!!! And also, sometimes the baby's butt feels pretty firm, usually my OB can find Grant's chest right away, but sometimes she tries to find it and says "Oh wait a minute, that's his little behind!"

Oh, and also, if your doctor knew exactly where the baby was all the time, he wouldn't need an u/s to confirm that she's breech.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

February 9th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Erin did that to me about every appointment. All the same reasons Rebecca said. She never was where the doctors thought she was, even when she was head down! It was so hard still, though, because I couldn't help but flash back to the day we confirmed Cora had died. He tried the doppler first...and just static...

But Erin's a healthy little snotty 2 1/2 year old, and she did it more than just once, so I bet Sweet Pea is just fine!

February 9th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Super Mommy
Just wanted to send some hugs...I can't imagine what those few seconds/minutes felt like....a lifetime probably. You can do it Steph...you are almost there! Not for nothing though, pay attention to your intuition...if you feel something is wrong don't back down until your fears have subsided and your questions answered. On the bright side, WOOT WOOT another ultrasound! It is so funny because at 20wks you can see most of them on the screen at once...and as time goes by its a smaller and smaller piece of baby on the screen becuase they get so big. I remember our 39wk u/s with Joey...his face barely fit on the screen lol.
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

February 10th, 2010, 09:55 AM
noworries
You are being a wack-o. Seriously though, it's just part of pregnancy after a loss unfortunately. I hope these next five weeks fly by for you and you have a screaming Sweet Pea in your arms before you know it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search