UPDATE ADDED --- Because NOTHING will ever be 'normal' (support ..? please ..?)

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2010, 07:28 PM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
Moms -

I had to run here for the support that I know I can only get here. As I am typing this, eating Hershey Kiss after Hershey Kiss (because I haven't had a cigarette since 12/07) because I don't know what else to do, Nate took Sydney to a children's urgent care facility. Why? Because she is coughing and wheezing. Nothing more, nothing less. But because every g*dd*mn little illness that happens to either one of my girls is cause for me to go into a worried frenzy, we couldn't wait another 12 hours to call the pediatrician's office in the morning.

Instead, we've spent the past few hours taking Sydney's temperature (normal), monitoring every drop of formula she's been taking to ensure she's not dehydrated and is eating normally, Nate took out his stethoscope to listen to her chest, and we decided that she should go to urgent care because we don't know what's wrong with her. She is not listless, she was alert, she was smiling at us as she usually would, she is just not eating as much as she normally does and is coughing and wheezing.

But because my son died when I least expected him to, nothing will ever be normal for me again in caring for my children and looking out for their well-being. While we were getting Sydney dressed to put her into her car seat, I burst into tears while Nate tried to gently convince me that everything will be just fine and that Sydney probably has a cold ... completely convincing since Julia JUST got over a cold and minor ear infection.

I'm not sure what my point is in this thread. I guess to vent, come in and worry because I know I can without being judged or told to calm down. Maybe just a group hug. Who the h*ll knows. All I know is I flew into a panic when she started to cough and I've been on pins and needles since she and Nate left the house over an hour ago

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*# *#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

UPDATED: Sydney had a temperature of 100.2. She was given a chest X-ray and was tested for RSV. Negative on the RSV, but she has bronchiolitis. Otherwise, the chest X-ray looked good and Daddy was happy to see that everyone was commenting on how cute she was.

I think I can put the Hershey Kisses away, stop crying, and try to have a restful evening. Thanks for your support Moms. I knew I'd get it in here ((hugs)).

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*

Last edited by grlpisces; February 14th, 2010 at 08:12 PM.
February 14th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Proud Momma
aww Barb. The worrying - it's just so scary.

I'm sure Sydney is just fine, but totally understandable where you're coming from. I hope it's nothing more than a little cold. Glad to hear Nate took her to urgent care - it'll help ease your mind when everything is just fine with her.
February 14th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Ugh, yeah, I've been there. It's so hard. Because we KNOW how fragile life is, sometimes it's hard to remember that kids are really resilient too. After all, if kids really were as fragile as I thought mine were, the human race would have died out long ago.

However, I think with some things you can never been too careful. I think wheezing is one of those things. Coughing by itself I wouldn't worry as much over, but coughing AND wheezing...I'd react the same way.

As for being an hour...he could still be just waiting. I took Erin to an urgent care (LAST year on Valentine's day, actually) for an ear infection and we were there for 3 hours. WE talked to the doctor all of 5 minutes.

Anyway, I hope that she's just got a cold!

Last edited by Brittanie; February 14th, 2010 at 07:52 PM.
February 15th, 2010, 01:15 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
hugs barb im so glad she is fine hun x

February 15th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
bronchitis is no fun! poor baby! But it's good to know. I think the hardest part is not knowing and all the million things that go through your head. When they finally tell you what's wrong, you've got something constructive to put your mind to.

February 15th, 2010, 09:12 AM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad she's ok. We're going through the same thing with Cammie right now. We were at the ped on Thursday with coughing and wheezing and they sent us home with a nebulizer and we are doing breathing treatments every 4 hours around the clock. She was a little worse yesterday so we ended up in the ER for 4 hours. No RSV but they gave her oral and inhaled steroids. She's pretty bad again this morning though.

And, I totally understand your feelings. I am so much more cautious and over react so much more with Cameron than I ever did with the boys. You would think that her being my 3rd living child I would be more relaxed but it is exactly the opposite

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

February 16th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Veteran
I wish I had seen this earlier. I'm glad she's okay now. I totally understand how you feel/felt. When Ella was born, having lost Logan at the same time, I had convinced myself that whatever killed him was going to kill Ella too, just later. I was afraid to even get close to her. It was soo hard. It's been 16 months and I still panic when she gets sick. If she sleeps to soundly, I'll wake her up to make sure she's okay. It's crazy, but it's our life.

I'm sooo glad your little one is okay. We're all here to listen anytime you need us!
10/06/08
Logan stillborn, loved beyond measure

Journey to Logan video http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4e54597...314d673d3d0d0a

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search