I think Clark's death has affected us all more than I thought

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2010, 12:44 PM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's the little things you don't notice individually but they add up. Josh had a couple panic attacks following Clark's death and still has some nights of insomnia and he never had anything like that before. I am a freak with Cameron and worry constantly. I worry so much more about SIDS than I did with my older 2 and when she gets sick I'm terrified.

My middle son has always been very protective of Cameron and when she cries he wants to fix it right away. Yesterday she started crying at Target and after feeding her, changing her and doing all I could she wouldn't stop so we had no choice but to drive home with her screaming. By the time we got home Caleb was bawling because he couldn't get her to stop crying and he was afraid she would die.

He told me "Mom, I know there are things that can kill babies even after they are born and I don't want her to die"

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

February 16th, 2010, 01:07 PM
noworries
I'm sorry, that is so difficult when you have older kids who are so affected by it too. My daughter was too young to really understand when we lost Eli and I am grateful for that. But, I worry a lot more about random things too. After we lost Eli, I started worrying about my daughter dying. It really does affect everything.
February 16th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Oh that's so sad! Awww, I just want to give him a hug.

In a way I'm glad I didn't have any other children.

But I still worry constantly, not only about my own kids but about my sister's too. Marcus is in the ER because he could barely breathe and right now my sister and I are both just worried so much and just trying to stave off anxiety.

I get so worried when my kids sleep abnormally long...unfortunately we're hypersensitive to the fact that anything can happen in a split second.

February 16th, 2010, 04:53 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I don't have any other children besides Ethan and this baby, but I am definitely worried about how worried I will be when Grant finally gets here. I'm not at risk for pre-term labor or cervical incompetence or any of the zillion other things that can go wrong during pregnancy but I'm still terrified they will happen to me. When you've been on the wrong side of the statistics once, it makes you worry that you will be on the wrong side of all of the other statistics too.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

February 16th, 2010, 09:24 PM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
Well, I don't need to post about what a freak-a-zoid I am with either of my girls. Sydney slept a whole 6 hours during the night before I realized that she even did. If it weren't for the fact that I had to pee in the middle of the night, I probably wouldn't have woken up.

I went over to her and put my hand on her chest. When I didn't feel it going up high enough for my liking, I gently shook her until I saw her arms flail from the startle. Only then was I satisfied that she was still breathing; I went back to bed ... not to sleep, of course. Sleep doesn't come easy after a "scare" like that *sigh*.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
February 17th, 2010, 03:36 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
im like that still, keeley woke up late this morning and i visioned her being dead and how id act so scary im helpless to feelings like this and its awful (()) hun

February 17th, 2010, 06:17 AM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by claire1979 View Post
im like that still, keeley woke up late this morning and i visioned her being dead and how id act so scary im helpless to feelings like this and its awful (()) hun
I go through those feelings a lot lately. Not just with Cammie either. I'll envision it it with my older boys or Josh too. It's horrible.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

February 28th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Veteran
My DD was 7 at the time we lost our baby. She was old enough to know what was going on, and it was really hard for her. First of all, she saw me carried out of the house in an ambulance. The paramedics managed to take the baby out of the house without her seeing them.

My DD went through a period where she would be very clingy and didn't want to leave the house, then she would wake up crying at night. Then she went though a time where she would tell random people that we lost a baby, and we had to tell her that we don't tell people about our personal pain like that.

I, personally, have had a few problems with panic attacks. I will just be sitting there and realize I start becoming tight and not breathing deeply.

Sigh! This whole darn thing is a process for everyone involved.
Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search