Felicity is here!!!

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Holding our little girl at last! Felicity Rose Van Stone was born at 6:33 PM on June 9th 2010
Posted about a minute ago! Finally on top of one today!

June 9th, 2010, 05:37 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay, congrats!!!!!

June 9th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
YAY!!!!!!
Congratulations Kathryn!
June 9th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! That's wonderful news!

June 9th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
YAY!!! I am so happy for her!

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
June 9th, 2010, 06:41 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Fabulous news and I can't wait to see pics of sweet Felicity!!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
June 10th, 2010, 03:12 AM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's what I get for going to bed so early Congratulations!! I'm THRILLED for you and Tom!! Yay!!!

Is it just me, or is waiting for other mommies to go into labor and have a baby the LONGEST experience?! Good Lord!! I felt like a Daddy pacing outside the labor room!!
June 10th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Proud Momma
YAY!!!!!! Congrats on the safe and healthy arrival of Felicity So happy for you!!
June 10th, 2010, 07:46 AM
noworries
Yay! Congrats. Can't wait to see pics.
June 10th, 2010, 01:14 PM
TanyaM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!!

June 14th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Super Mommy
Sorry it took so long to get on here ladies! Thank you for all the encouragement during my induction and also the congratulations on our baby girl. She is incredible.

The induction was LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG but not horrible. I was only dilated to 1cm Sunday when we checked in so we did Cervadil Sunday night. Monday morning I was 1-2cm so we did Cervadil again Monday during the day. I was having contractions 2-4mins apart on the cervadil but we decided to sleep Monday night and start the pitocin Tuesday morning. The pitocin on Tuesday did almost nothing. I had very few contractions and they were not strong and I made NO progress.

So we did Cervadil again Tuesday night. This is unusual but my only other choice was to go home. I guess Cervadil can cause really violent contractions when you are already dilated and if it is used too much...apparently worse than pit. But since Felicity looked awesome on the monitor, I was healthy and the only reason we were really inducing was because of Joey the doctor told the midwife he would sign off on a 3rd dose.

Wednesday morning I was finally 3-4cm dilated! The cervadil really did much more than the pit for me so we were glad with the route we took. Ate breakfast and started pitocin at 9:30 Wed. morning. Started contracting almost immediately. Between 11-12 I was getting uncomfortable and so midwife checked me at noon. I was 4-5cm but baby was still at -3 so midwife didn't want to break my water. Got hooked up to the telemetry monitor so I could walk around (wireless!). Walking for an hour was awesome....At 1:00 I was 5cm and baby was at -1! Midwife said that she doesn't think baby was as big as they thought she would be but instead I would have a lot of fluid. Boy was she right! I was CRACKING up when she broke my water, it just kept coming. She actually had to hold the side of the pad up on the bed because it nearly spilled over!

I got in the shower for a bit because I just kept gushing...and the contractions got TONS more intense. At 4pm I was checked again and I was 6-7cm. We tried the birth stool and I was standing hanging on to Tom. It was intense. But the midwife and the nurses were just hanging out with us and we were chatting watching the Ellen Show between contractions. The midwife was wondering if the contractions were more intense than I was letting on because they didn't seem long enough to her. They were. At 6 I decided to get into bed. The back labor was horrid but it hurt too much to move. At 6:20ish I was checked again and I was 9cm but the anterior lip was thick so we suspected she was sunny side up. Midwife wanted me to flip on my hands and knees but I got half way and started yelling NONONO! Then I felt the urge to push. So midwife pushed the anterior lip out of the way during a contraction and then she said "Okay, now you're complete so expect to push on the next contraction!"

Well, something else unexpected....Got a contraction and didn't have the urge to push! I had about 4 contractions that were too weak to push against, it was so weird! So they all finished getting ready and Tom got his gloves to help catch. Then all of a sudden I needed to push and her head was coming out! Like, midwife had to put her hand flat against me to stop the head from coming too fast. It was crazy. She coached me through not all out pushing (which was REALLY hard) and then all of a sudden I was giving a push for her shoulders and Tom was handing her to me!!! And she was SCREAMING!

Apparently midwife and Tom together guided Felicity's head and then midwife let go and let Tom and I do the rest! So Tom was the official catcher of his daughter! It was amazing. And pretty quick recovery, no pain meds.

We are in awe of our baby girl, and Jamie is such an amazing big brother. We are in love!
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

June 14th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad she's here safe and sound and that you are doing so well!
June 15th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your baby girl!

June 15th, 2010, 07:59 PM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
congrats

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment
June 16th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
what a beautiful birth story, it brought tears to my eyes. Congrats on your new bundle of joy!

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

June 17th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Super Mommy
Us with Felicity about 2hrs after birth...almost ready to go to our clean, non-birth room (she *just* got the eye ointment, they delayed it for us)
[IMG][/IMG]

14hrs after birth, wide eyed and ready to meet the world!
[IMG][/IMG]

Home...being held by big brother Jamie. She is in awe of him.
[IMG][/IMG]
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

June 17th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh Kathryn, she is so beautiful! You must be extremely proud. Congratulations!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search