My sleeping angel 06/16/10

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2010, 05:49 PM
Regular
Hi ladies,

I don't know if this is the place to post but I am seeking help coping with a recent loss of my daughter Karleigh Alice Ruiz. She was delivered emergency c-section at 27 weeks and here is my story.

The day before it happened I was given news that Karleigh had a growth on her heart which was causing fluid to leak in her belly, and that when she delivered she would need a cardiologist and surgery.
The day that it happened, it was my wedding anniversery and I was feeling all kinds of pains in my abdomine and hips that I thought was round ligament pains. I went around my day as usual but was feeling stressed out, I went to hide in my bathroom to escape everyone and I started to bleed (port wine) color, I started freeking out. My brother called me to tell me that he bought a ton of stuff for Karleigh and he was going to drop it off. I told him I was bleeding and he called 911.

When the ambulence arrived (20minutes later) the Paramedics thought that I was over dramatizing my symptoms because he could not see blood on my pants. One of them made me walk to my gurney outside and I was wheeled off the the Ambulence at what seemed to be 10miles an hour.

When I arrived in L&R, the nurses tryed to find Karleighs heartbeat on the monitor. They fiddled around with the machine and decided to bring in an ultrasound machine. Still could not find her heartbeat. After that a Cardiologist came in with a bigger ultra sound machine and they looked for heartbeat, body movement, blood flow and heart pulpitations. Still nothing.

They told me that Karleigh Passed on and I needed to have an Emergency C-section because my Placentia completly abrupted and was floating. I told them to wait until my husband showed up because I needed him, he took an hour to come because he was a truckdriver and the dr had to pull him aside to feel him in on the news.

Shortly after that, I was taken into C-section, the dr had to cut into my uterus because she discovered really old tissue of placenta from my last delivery(2.5yrs earlier) I finally got to see my angel.

We opted not to take photo's because it was to hard to remember her that way. We want to remember her as perfect angel. we are cremating her and scattering her ashes at a beautiful beach. Services are sometime this week.

Karleigh Alice Ruiz
born sleeping 06/16/10
2lbs 11oz 13 inches long

In loving memory of my sleeping angel
born 6/16/10 at 27wk1d
2lbs11oz 13 inches long
June 21st, 2010, 05:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Karleigh. Your story made me tear up and I'm so sorry for all you've gone through.
June 21st, 2010, 06:44 PM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
I'm so sorry for your loss.
My name is liz and we lost our son during labor.

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment
June 21st, 2010, 08:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would say that you have certainly come to the right place. I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet daughter Karleigh, my heart breaks for you right now. My name is Elsa and I lost my daughter to a congenital heart defect 5 months ago. Please feel free to post here any time you like.
June 21st, 2010, 09:27 PM
Proud Momma
I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Karleigh and sorry that you have to join us here

I'm Stephanie and lost my first daughter, Katrina, at 23 weeks in August 2008.

June 21st, 2010, 11:03 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
im so sorry that u find yourself here hun, and for the loss of precious karleigh.

many hugs to you x

June 22nd, 2010, 03:56 AM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am glad you found us. I am so very sorry that Karleigh didn't get to stay I am in your DDC, and am the proud mommy of two little boys that didn't get to stay either. Welcome.
June 22nd, 2010, 07:12 AM
noworries
I am sorry to have to welcome you here but you have definitely found the right place. The ladies here are wonderful and ready and willing to help you grieve, listen to you vent or cry, etc. I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Karleigh.
I'm Carrie, my son Eli was stillborn at 26 weeks last August.
June 22nd, 2010, 12:05 PM
Catherine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry Karleigh couldn't stay with you. {{{hugs}}}
June 22nd, 2010, 01:16 PM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
i am so sorry for the loss of your little girl

i was 27 weeks when my daughter passed away in 2003 for unknown reasons

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
June 22nd, 2010, 05:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so very sorry for your loss. I am Laurie and my daughter Eva was born still at 24 weeks, and my son Declan was born still at 25 weeks. We don't know why we lost either of our children.

June 22nd, 2010, 09:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope the services go well this week

Last edited by Elsa; June 22nd, 2010 at 09:09 PM.
June 23rd, 2010, 01:21 PM
Veteran
I'm so sorry you have to join us. You have come to the right place. These ladies have been so great to me. I lost my daughter at home at 20 wks, but my ambulance drivers were great. I'm sorry you had to deal with such crappy service.

I did have take pictures of our daughter, but I didn't have a service. I think it just comes down to your preference.

You're going to have a whole range of emotions, and people are going to say not helpful things to you. You can always come here and vent. I sure did. We will understand completely.
Blog
June 24th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my son Owen Thomas at 24 weeks Oct 04. He was a Trisomy 18 baby.
June 24th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry again for your loss. As I posted in our DDC, this is a great place for support and the ladies here are amazing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search