What to do on his birthday?

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't belieive it's going to be a year in less than 3 weeks from now. I have no clue what to do for Eric on July 12th. I know we'll go to the cemetery like we've been doing every 2 weeks for the past year. Maybe release ballons, I don't know what else. I also wanted to start a blog about Eric, but just can't find the time/the strenght to do it. Any suggestions? I know this has been asked before but I just been so lost and overwhelmed lately.

Last edited by helen123; June 24th, 2010 at 02:15 PM. Reason: gram error
June 24th, 2010, 02:39 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh sweetie I hate the firsts. With Marshall, I made no plans. I woke up that day, and needed my Mom. So I drove to her cemetary to see her and leave a rosary. Then I took the girls to the Fort on the way home. And I cried for an hour on the way home while the kids slept.

Jonah's hit me SO much harder. I was paralyzed the whole day, unable to function.

I think we are going to do lantern released on their due dates in August and September.
July 3rd, 2010, 05:08 AM
Veteran
I cannot believe it has been almost a year already too!!! It will be a year next month August 17th that Evan went to heaven!
I am planning on doing a 1st birthday party with friends and family with balloon release and candle light cermony! We are gonna have family and friends over for a bbq!!! I will have balloons with flowers seeds and note attached for whoever to find the balloons to plan the seeds!!
I am also putting together a basket filled with baby stuff to deliver to the hospital and to give to the whoever is in the room I delivered evan in to have! This way I feel we are still celebrating him but will give his gifts to another baby to celebrate him!!! We are also going to visit his grave site!!!
I hope these ideas have helped you!!

I will be thinking of you on that difficult day! Please contact me if you feel you need someone to talk too that has been there!

][/url]
July 4th, 2010, 01:25 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Our plans were dashed when we got hit by a major blizzard. But we bought him a card, released balloons, and went through his memory box in front of the fireplace. It worked out really nicely, making big plans was really too much for me.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

July 4th, 2010, 11:11 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
we did the sky lanturns this year it was really peaceful and pretty, they are very calming.
i will be thinking of you in this difficult time x

July 5th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We're doing sky lanterns, and taking a teddy bear and balloons and flowers to the cemetery for Calypso's 3rd angel day on Wednesday. I'm also taking a CD player for when we're doing our lantern
July 6th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you, guys. I'm still thinking about what to do, but I don't think it'll be anything big. I've been so down from the moment this month had started. I'm just having such a hard time I just don't have the strenght to do it. Most likely, dh, our daughter and I will go to the cemetery and then release baloons. It'll just be a quiet day. We won't even mention this to most of our friends and family since they don't even remember now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search