I can't even begin...

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2010, 02:26 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
to think of a title for this.

Joe's nephew is marrying his cousin. Yeah. You heard me. Their fathers have different fathers, but the same mother. They were raised as cousins, and are getting married because they are having a baby. They just told everyone, but apparently she is due in November with a little boy.

Begin irrational rant:
THANK GOD the baby seems to be ok. Not only do they have the same blood going through them, but they are both smokers (cigs and pot) and live an unhealthy lifestyle. Neither works, and they live in a trailer with his uncle/her father where HIS wife brings home the pay. I don't wish ill upon the baby at ALL, but of course they get a healthy baby, right? Joe and I don't share the same gene pool, and I'm a healthy pregnant woman who has lost two babies.

I care deeply for each of them, but am disgusted that they even carried on this way. Their shared grandmother is throwing them a wedding in two weeks. Great. I can't wait. A nighttime wedding in Florida. Outside.

And everyone's all a twitter about their baby.
July 2nd, 2010, 02:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's creepy
July 2nd, 2010, 02:51 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ha! That's an understatement. Joe and I joke about it because otherwise we just shudder. I'm thinking about wearing a maternity dress with an arrow pointing at my belly saying "Not my cousin's".
July 2nd, 2010, 03:07 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
Personally I don't think it's creepy. Cousins can marry and have kids without any problems linked to them being related. My friend's two cousins got married 6 years ago. Granted relatives found it awkward when asked if they were from the groom's side or the bride's side because they were from both!

Having healthy babies when the parents have unhealthy lifestyles is what gets me. People just don't seem to realise what they can do to their little ones carrying on like that.
July 2nd, 2010, 03:10 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't even know what to say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathernoel View Post
I'm thinking about wearing a maternity dress with an arrow pointing at my belly saying "Not my cousin's".
hahahahaha

July 2nd, 2010, 03:19 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I too think it's creepy...I could never think of a cousin in that way...eww lol about the unhealthy lifestyle...I don't know this person, but someone I know does...She was staying in a place and they wanted to give her a drug test (she's pregnant) and she didn't want to do a drug test so she left...It was because she uses drugs! that makes me so sad

July 2nd, 2010, 03:50 PM
hannah79's Avatar A little bit wicked
Quote:
Ha! That's an understatement. Joe and I joke about it because otherwise we just shudder. I'm thinking about wearing a maternity dress with an arrow pointing at my belly saying "Not my cousin's".

I just about wet my pants reading that.
July 2nd, 2010, 04:40 PM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
I do find that rather odd....

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
July 2nd, 2010, 05:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
July 2nd, 2010, 06:16 PM
Proud Momma
I like the dress idea .

I'm not down with incest, so I agree with the "creepiness" of it all.
July 2nd, 2010, 07:08 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I'm with Yvonne. First cousin marriages are legal in 35 states (mine included) and are incredibly common all over the world. They are also quite safe from a genetic standpoint, with very low rates of mutations, contrary to popular belief. It is only repeated generations continue the practice that problems arise. That is what my sister sees a lot at her clinic, mostly from wealthy families in the Middle East (where they care enough to get help for their sick children, other countries' families will just hide them away and pretend they don't exist.)

You know what's ****** up? Sometimes my sister's clinic sees children from FIRST ORDER relationships. Including but not limited to sibling-sibling and father-daughter. Their children sadly pay the price. I guess these families don't think geneticists will figure out what's going on. It's so obvious even I could probably work that one out.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

July 2nd, 2010, 07:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Personally I don't think it's creepy. Cousins can marry and have kids without any problems linked to them being related. My friend's two cousins got married 6 years ago. Granted relatives found it awkward when asked if they were from the groom's side or the bride's side because they were from both!

Having healthy babies when the parents have unhealthy lifestyles is what gets me. People just don't seem to realise what they can do to their little ones carrying on like that.
I totally agree. I know a few people who married their cousins. It doesn't bother me at all.

But I always feel icky when people who lead horribly unhealthy lives have healthy children. Like the women who go get drunk while pregnant ext
July 5th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I think the idea makes me shudder because I start picturing my own cousins and I really don't think I'd be attracted to any of them even if they weren't related to me.

I hate it when people with unhealthy lifestyles conceive easily and have great pregnancies. Makes me so angry.

love the dress idea!

July 5th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Super Mommy
i don't have any cousins my age, or close to my age even really..but if i did, and we got pregnant I believe i would be excommunicated from my family. The general thought when dh and i got prego out of wedlock was "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!", so if i was related to dh, i imagine the reaction would be much worse!

I have heard though of a couple who were both adopted by different families or something but they were actually brother and sister. They didn't find out till after they were married i think, i don't know the details. Crazy sh*t. crazy crazy sh*t
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search