GOOD NEWS UPDATE!: Prayer Request for Ely Griffin (X-posted)

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2010, 10:17 AM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
GOOD NEWS UPDATE IN POST #12!

Moms -

Since I am a member of this forum, I am sending out a special request to please keep baby Ely Griffin in your thoughts and prayers.

Ely is my cousin's nephew. Ely has been in a coma for a week because part of his skull needed to be removed in order for the swelling on his brain to go down. Ely suffers from Shaken Baby Syndrome by the hands of a daycare provider in Florida (which, my cousin has said, has since been shut down for investigation).

She posted all of this information on Facebook, but I hope to get more details from her. The pictures of Ely she posted brought tears to my eyes just now. I wish I could hug this baby and let him know that despite the evil, toxic monsters that live in this world, there are people that want to shower him and his innocent soul with love.

I posted as my FB status that SBS IS CHILD ABUSE because frankly, this is now personal. My heart goes out to Baby Ely and his family as I pray good thoughts for his recovery and survival.

Please keep this child in your thoughts / prayers / etc. It makes my stomach turn to think that he suffered at the hands of someone who he trusted, someone who was supposed to care for him.

Thank you so much.

UPDATED 8/3/10 @ 7:40 CST

Baby Ely had a 2nd surgery today on his head (not sure of details; will find out more) and the doctors expect he'll make a good recovery. He smiled today and started a little baby babbling. When my aunt mentioned this, I cried.

Thank you so much for keeping Ely in your thoughts and prayers!

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*

Last edited by grlpisces; August 5th, 2010 at 07:47 AM. Reason: update added
August 3rd, 2010, 10:36 AM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
oh man that is so sad, I am so sorry and I hope he can recover. I will be saying a prayer. I can't understand WHY someone would ever shake a baby

August 3rd, 2010, 11:06 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
There are people in this world who are abusing babies, and here we all are having said goodbye to our children before we ever got to know them. ****** up.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

August 3rd, 2010, 11:22 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I saw your fb status and was wondering what had happened when you said it was now personal. But I got distracted and forgot to ask.

Prayers to him.

August 3rd, 2010, 11:46 AM
Proud Momma
OMG that is so awful. This story has brought tears to my eyes. I cannot believe someone could do such a horrible thing to an innocent little baby

I will be keeping Ely Griffin in my thoughts that he makes a remarkable recovery.

August 3rd, 2010, 12:09 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
omg my heart just sank , im so sorry this is terrible, im keeping him in my thoughts.

August 4th, 2010, 03:06 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
awww thank god , hugs barb

August 4th, 2010, 08:23 AM
noworries
This breaks my heart. Prayers that he continues to recover well.
August 4th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
That is really good news

August 4th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
oh good news! I was afraid of reading the update. Continued prayers.

August 4th, 2010, 10:57 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorryo read this, hon! I am a Pediatric nurse and have seen this more times than I'd like to admit I hope he recovers quickly! I will definetly be keeping him in my prayers!

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
August 5th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Moms, thank you so so so much for offering prayers, good vibes, and positive thoughts for Ely. Here is the latest update from my Aunt after she spoke with Ely's dad Ritchie:

"Ely is doing remarkably well, I just spoke with his dad Ritchie. Doctors are confident Ely will fully recover. After the sitter did what she did she called Ritchie, she called his wife saying he was having seizures and wasnt breathing etc. Ely was rushed by life star helicopter to a hospital about 1 hr and 30 min away from where they live. That home child care was closed by authorities, child services stepped in, the incident was reported to authorities, and it is being investigated.

Right now Ritchie and his wife are focusing on bringing Ely home, and leave the legal matters to authorities. I mentioned to Ritchie that people from all over are praying for him and are sending their love. Ritchie's message: please say thank you to all those wonderful people who have my son in their thoughts and prayers."

The doctor is the one who stated that, based on Ely's condition, he was violently shaken and thrown. Jacque, it makes me sad that you have to encounter this type of monstrosity at all as a pediatric nurse

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

August 5th, 2010, 08:32 AM
noworries
Yay, so good to hear that little Ely is going to pull through and be fine. I really hope that babysitter gets a solid punishment and doesn't get away with this.
August 5th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Proud Momma
I am SO happy to hear of such good news about Ely and I hope he only continues to improve. It makes me EXTREMELY angry that the poor little guy and his family have to be going through this in the first place though. That daycare person better be punished extremely harshly for this.

August 5th, 2010, 03:42 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, I am so happy to hear that the doctor's are optimistic about Ely's recovery! Every time I encounter this I think it should get easier but it doesn't I am continuing to pray for him and his family and I will pray for the investigators as well that the person/people who did this will get justice served to them. If his family needs anything else, please let us know! May I ask what state they live in?

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
August 5th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Jacque, the family lives in Florida. I haven't heard anything from neither my aunt nor cousin about this being in their local news (is stuff like this reported in the media? other than if Nancy Grace gets her hands all over it?).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search