Stores for Pregnancy/Infant Loss

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2010, 03:47 PM
AndyBee's Avatar Super Mommy
While waiting for our little one to be born, we have gathered several things we want to have to remember him by. Such as a blanket, smaller clothes, an impression kit, an urn for his ashes, ect. Naturally, the only places we could find baby items were at baby stores. It was almost cruel going to these places, seeing all the items we expected to buy, but won't. We found the most beautiful blanket, but it was part of a crib set, and the store could not separate it. I tried to explain that we would not have a crib, but the lady didn't seem to understand our situation.

I was wondering if any of you have heard of a store specifically for families in our situations. Some place for families to go without being bombarded with the happy healthy baby families. A safe place where they can find comfort and support, while being guided through this difficult journey.

Also, in your own opinion, would you have gone to a place like this? I'm not sure if I'm the only one that wishes this store existed. But I would think other families could benifit. Tim and I were thinking about starting one, but I'm just not sure if families really want a store like this or not. What do you think?

Special thanks to AlexAiden Mommy for my precious siggy
August 18th, 2010, 06:33 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know of anywhere like this, but I do think it's a great idea! I don't know how much business it would get though, depending on your metro area. Maybe an online store might be better- that way it's open to everyone, not just your area.

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
August 18th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Proud Momma
I'm not sure about everyone's hospital where everyone here delivered, but the one I delivered at, they actually do have a group of older women who knit and sew little outfits specifically for stillborn babies or babies who pass away soon after birth. They range in size, but some are very, very tiny. They gave us one that fit Katrina very well actually.

I do however think your store idea would be a great idea, but I do agree with Jacque in that it would probably only do well online as it's not something that's in very "high demand".

But I know where you're coming from....when we went to go buy Katrina a blanket before she was born, we went to the Gap and I just wanted a pink blanket and then the sales girl started trying to sell me matching hats, onesies, socks, everything, so I had to tell her the reason why I only needed the blanket and not a whole outfit that even a preemie size would be way too big.

Last edited by LaLaLa1; August 18th, 2010 at 11:32 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search