So Confused! (x-post)

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2010, 08:08 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I can't remember if I posted about this, but I got my first PP AF on 8/7......so I've been charting again and using OPK's to see if I was going to O at the same time as before (usually CD 19). However, I noticed since last night I was getting cramps- I thought maybe they were cramps since I should O soon (even though I never got O cramps before) but I know some things can change with your cycle/body after having a baby. OK, but now I think I'm getting AF.....I noticed some blood when I wiped.....and not just a tiny bit that can happen with O....and now cramps are worse and the bleeding is picking up a little. I'm only 17 days from what I thought was AF for her to come back again.... So I guess my question is did this happen to anyone else? I'm only almost 8 weeks PP anyway so maybe the first bleeding I thought was AF wasn't? I just want to make sure this isn't something I should call my OB for....we really do want to start TTC I think in September (almost 3 months since Matthew's birth).

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
August 25th, 2010, 11:48 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
it didnt happen to me but with you being 8 weeks pp it maybe that your cycles need to regulate again. id give it a few more cycles and if they continue to be out and short id ring the doctors.

August 25th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I bled for 3.5 weeks pp (sometimes would stop for a day or two then pick up again), then I got my 1st pp period 2 weeks after the bleeding stopped.

Some people say that you don't start cycling until you've stopped bleeding, but my period came exactly on schedule from the day of birth. My periods are normally 38 - 42 days and my 1st pp period was exactly 40 days after Lucy's birth.
August 25th, 2010, 01:02 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My first cycle after I had Ella wasn't normal, so it's very possible that your body just isn't back to normal again....with the bleeding though, I don't think it would hurt to tell your doctor, better safe than sorry.

August 27th, 2010, 09:18 AM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies! I forgot to update this (I've been working the past few nights). The bleeding stopped after just a couple hours and hasn't been back so I guess it wasn't AF Now I'm still waiting to ovulate....we'll see!

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search