Scared about tomorrow!

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a dr. appointment tomorrow, and he's going to do something to get the labor started. I have some ideas what he might do, but I'm very nervous and scared. Both times before, I had my labor started on its own. I am worried if this may harm the baby or have some negative effect and at the same time I don't want to be pregnant past this coming Friday (which I think will be about the same time last year Eric died). I haven't been really sleeping last few nights and having nightmares about birth and hospital all the time. I don't know if I am ready for this.

August 30th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by helen123 View Post
I have a dr. appointment tomorrow, and he's going to do something to get the labor started. I have some ideas what he might do, but I'm very nervous and scared. Both times before, I had my labor started on its own. I am worried if this may harm the baby or have some negative effect and at the same time I don't want to be pregnant past this coming Friday (which I think will be about the same time last year Eric died). I haven't been really sleeping last few nights and having nightmares about birth and hospital all the time. I don't know if I am ready for this.
That's exactly the reason I was induced with both Erin and Patrick. With Erin I was induced at 38w because we confirmed Cora didn't have a heartbeat on 38w1d. I just couldn't handle the thought of doing that night again.

I went longer with Patrick, but had nightmares every night about Patrick being stillborn past 38w.

With Erin when I went in to be checked at 37w6d, my cervix was completely closed and just beginning to efface, but not very soft. Erin is perfectly fine. So it doesn't automatically mean that it will harm the baby.

good luck honey!!

August 30th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry that you are worried, the different things I've heard of for doctors to try to get things going are to either strip the membranes, or to use something to start softening the cervix. I have not heard of either of these things causing risk/harm to the baby. I totally understand your fear though.

I'm at 27 weeks and lost Seth at 35.5 weeks. I'm going to get induced but can't get induced before the day we lost him unless there is a problem because it's too early. I will be carrying likely 3 weeks past when we lost him and will probably be a nut job every single day after that.

*huggs* Good luck to you!

August 30th, 2010, 06:21 PM
austinmommy3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been induced at 38 weeks with my son and daughter after Makenzie. I will be induced at 38 weeks with this one, my doctor thinks it is completely cruel to force a woman to carry past when she has had to bury a child, as long as the pregnancy is between 37 and 38 weeks. I always check in the night before, they put medicine up to soften my cervix, and then I get pitocin next morning.

August 30th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
I don't know what to say to make you feel better, I think its just an anxiety provoking thing. You can do it mama! It will be so worth it in the end.
August 30th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Veteran
Good luck tomorrow Helen I will be thinking and praying for you!!!!!

][/url]
August 31st, 2010, 08:00 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
i have been thinking of u hun, i hope evferything went/goes ok

August 31st, 2010, 08:04 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Thinking about you today honey!

August 31st, 2010, 09:23 AM
Super Mommy
I wish you the best of luck. I know you can do it. I didn't have a 3rd tri loss, but I still get nervous and overthink everything, like I've requested not going past 40 weeks due to risks of stillbirth.

I hope your labor is easy and like it's been said, you are strong and it will be worth it to hold your LO in the end!

August 31st, 2010, 12:09 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to send you tons of and tell you I'm thinking about you and praying for you and your little one!

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.

« poem | Stillbirth | My mom »
Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search